Hawkstone, Who's Going ?

Morning Chaps,

I'm insanely jealous cos I can't go to Hawkstone, (Typical of my mother to have her 60th Birthday Party this weekend), however some "proper weather", not those cheap crappy things we put on the main web site, I won't shop anyone for dodgy link, bu$$ers want to shut us down use what you like, However:

Pic below

Friday: Rain heading south maybe the odd very isolated shower. temps up to 21-22 deg

Sat AM: Rain still heading for the Hawkestone area, patchy rain in the late morning Temps down to 10-13 deg

Sat PM: Rain, mostly light and patchy but the odd embedded heavier burst. Temps 17-19

Party Time: Whilst sober stay in the Marquee don't let the rain dilute the beer or the Scrumpy, when you are drunk who gives a damn!!!

Sun Overnight/AM: Rain, Light and patchy odd heavier burst. Colder overnight tem down as low as 9degrees.

Sunday daytime: Should be generally dry, very low chance of a light showers during the day. Odd sunny interval late morning into the afternoon. Temperatures 19 - 20, Tempers hopefully by numerous Spaniards (no offence to any who use the board but it's OUR round)

Shrewsbury area always on the edges of the rain band so you might be really lucky and see no rain at all.

The pic: The darker and smaller the symbols the less intense the precipitation. this also indicates the patchier nature of the rain, bigger and brighter, heavier more prolonged spell of rain.

Hawkestone is getting a good dumping of rain at the minute so it'll be nice an wet under wheel at the weekend anyway.

I'f you're lucky I'll get a chance to past similarly tomorrow

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im going, can you pay for the campsite when you get there or do you have to book.

As far as I know you can pay on arrival. I've not been told otherwise. Last I heard, over 400 had booked camping so my advice would be to get there early!

Saturday's Weather:

Looks not too bad, Mainly dry with an isolated shower or two one or two might be a bit heavy, not too breezy temperature up to around 19 or 20 degrees. Weak front over the north of the midlands shoulkdn't cause too many problems.

Party time looks predominantly dry

Sunday very similar

Hi Andy,

did i get that comment right, "no back packs" is that true, if so better change my plan a little, is it cos of the terror threat.

Cheeers ausy

Can't find any mention of no backpacks anywhere else, be a hard on to try and stop I would imagine.