Gasgas Txt Pro 250 2007 Starting Issue. Confused!?

lee101

I think you mean the flywheel cover, right? Does the bike run well with the cover off?

I would make sure the flywheel is mounted correctly and tight to the shaft to ensure proper spark timing as mentioned by others.

I made a thick paper gasket for my '94 to use between the cover and the engine case. This might help give internal clearance. Also be sure the case is not deformed. They do sometimes get cracked or deformed from large impact. The shift lever should not rub the outside.

Good that you found the problem and even better, you have learned a lot about the bike in the process.

Remember, rubber side down, feet up! And have fun. :hyper:

Edited by thats_a_five

Instructions about the cover is you do NOT tighten the cover too tight. But for the life of me, I think the flywheel must be a problem, maybe it didnt get seated on the crank right, even though nut holding it is tight and all that, otherwise you are going to have to post/upload a picture, so we see what is rubbing. if you overtightened the case, it will gap around the sealing area most likely.

or you have had a spill, like others have said dented the case slightly. nice thing is you could measure brothers bike now, see if we're right about the flywheel on correctly and all that.

I will take a photo tomorrow when I get chance.

Just waiting for head gasket and base gaskets to get here so I can put the cylinder back on.

Flywheel has never been a problem before but I will get it off anyway to check it over.

Cheers for all your help, I'm hoping it kicks over now that it has been freed up.

Gasgas out of stock on ignition covers :(

Trials UK charge more when you add the postage on.

Anywhere else that stock these and are pretty quick?

Not that I need it to start the bike up but will do if I want to ride the weekend :)

I will take a photo tomorrow when I get chance.

Just waiting for head gasket and base gaskets to get here so I can put the cylinder back on.

Flywheel has never been a problem before but I will get it off anyway to check it over.

Cheers for all your help, I'm hoping it kicks over now that it has been freed up.

Gasgas out of stock on ignition covers :(

Trials UK charge more when you add the postage on.

Anywhere else that stock these and are pretty quick?

Not that I need it to start the bike up but will do if I want to ride the weekend :)

try allen used spares should be way cheaper too

Right, got the bike all back together and it kicked over first time.

Cut it out and tried to start it again but nothing!

Once again, a hard kick got it going but not a normal kick.

Took the flywheel off, everything looks as good as new.

Checked the gap on the sensor, all ok.

What the hell could it be!?

How do I check what the stator is putting out as I need to get this sorted ASAP.

Cheers, Lee.

Intermittent starting which gets better with a hard kick suggests low compression or an ignition fault

Where are you located in UK?

I would expect the source coil on the stator to give in excess or 23 volts AC at 500 RPM. I would expect Ht voltage to be at least 7000V at 500 RPM. Any garage with a diagnostics oscilloscope should be able to check this out fairly easily for you.

The waveforms and the duration are as important as the voltage.

You can crudely check the source coil output with a digital multimeter whilst spinning the flywheel with an electric drill.

Got an update on this.

So I took my flywheel off and all looked well. I cleaned up the sensor and put it back on. After this the bike wouldn't start at all.

So I took the stator off my brothers bike tonight and put it on mine.

What do you know, the weakest of kicks got it going.

It starts up like a dream now, especially with the new Bart and idler.

What unwanted to know though, is wether it's the sensor whats gone, or te stator itself.

The obvious thing is to have it rewound and all done but I was wondering if you could just buy the sensor itself?

I phoned gasgas and they said they don't sell them seperatley but I'm sure you could just solder a new one on?

I'm thinking o sendin te stator to West Country winders unless anyone knows otherwise?

Because obviously if there isn't anything wrong with the stator and it is just the sensor then there not going to tell me that.

Cheers for all your input and help guys. Has been a very head scratching experience :P

Hi.

Stupid question here but....

Can anyone tell me what ignition system is on a 250 Txt pro 2007 gasgas?

It says ducati on the regulator so does that mean its a Ducati ignition?

On trials parts USA it only shows 2005-2006 being Ducati and 2007 being kokusan.