Ty 175 Side Case Cover (Clutch/kick Starter Side)

mmmexico

My right side crankcase cover needs to be replaced. I've had it repaired but it still leaks at the kick starter shaft and I think that the problem is mis alignment from prior repairs. I've noticed on e-bay that these covers are cheap for the 175/125 enduros (CT/AT models)....and expensive for the TY's...How interchangeable are these covers. They look the same to me.

Unfortunately when you buy something off of e-bay you don't have the option of physically comparing the pieces. If any of you have experience using alternative side case covers, please share you knowledge with me.

Thanks

Miguel

Some covers look the same but the screw holes do not always line up, may be close . The 175 case does break easily I think possibly due to a stop inside breaking which in turn allows the k/s lever to crank round too far. Hopefully some one else will confirm. Most "project" TY's on ebay have this problem.

Easiest way to work out if the at/ct covers will work is check part numbers of gaskets, www.boats.net is pretty good for that as when you select a part it cross references to all models that it fits

Heres a link for the gasket which says there are lots of bikes use the same gasket so you may be lucky

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-401-15451-00-00.html

Spinner replied to my similar question (11/16/12) when I was looking for a right-side without the oil pump clutch cover. It took a while to find but the cover with 537 casting number bolts right on and looks great.

The cover that bolts right on fits 1974- 77 yz125, 1976 yz125x, 1976 YZ175, 1976-79 YZ100. PART ## is 537-15431-01-00, there is a casiting number 537 inside the cover.

Cover with casting number 1W1 will fit bit need a lot of modification!!!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Which YZ was it that you got this cover off of? I know that there are a bunch of them. I like this piece way better than the MX 100 side case that I finally bought. The most useful link for my search was the one that tony27 gave me for the gaskets.

Thanks for the picture...it looks very clean...way better than the MX 100

Mike

meditativemachinery

• 1 month later...