Just Got Some Mega Trials Body Armour

westygas270

Hi all just writing to say after my trials accident few weeks ago, collapsed lung and broken ribs, been looking for some protection after seeing on Internet miss bristow has this to, its a company called forcefield body armour and its the pro shirt

Mega for trials has back protector, elbow, shoulder and chest protector nothing like what you would think (motorcross) its a jacket you put on made of material that keeps you cool all protection can be taken out and trials top on top you can move fully easily not bulky at all max movement and flexibility washable to protection in prone areas , after my accident has made me think how easy things can happen I know in trials tend not to use protection body wise but think this is the way forward fairly expensive but after 6 weeks off work its worth it because I think wld of prevented my accident been as bad alot of road bike shops sell them and apparently alot of mountain bikers but them to

• Like 2

That sounds like a bad fall from your bike!.......... Did you buy the pro shrit it yet? and if so have you tryed it?, I am looking to buy the very same thing as it seems the best, its also expensive too but then again you cant put a price on youself, Its funny tho everybody seems to think trials is safe...... my frist fall a few months ago had me done in my two wrists, sholder and two ankles and i was wearing a pair of motocross boots! so now I am getting the full protection gear, the forcefield armor shorts is a must as well! as I fell backwards off my bike another time while on a hill and landed on my hip on a rock! typical lol.

Crikey, sorry to hear about your injury. Thanks for pointing this product out, it looks the business without looking like a MX'er and it looks like theres loads of dealers who stock it. To me £130ish doesn't seem too expensive when (in my experience) trials jeans are atleast £90 and start to fall apart within a few months and trials tops are about £50 and are no more than a gloryfied tee-shirt.

Its even got me thinking that the 'pro pants' might be worth a look at £140 and then just get a pair of cheap jogging leggings to go over the top...

Edited by joeninety

Thanks everybody for this,didnt know about these armour.i will be looking more into this over the next few days.lot of money but when you are fairly new to trials,in your late fortys,family and a big morgage to pay i think it well worth the investment.

Regards.

I always wanted one of these when I raced mx; don't know if they'd be too bulky for Trials or not:

Flak-Jacket-Front_large.jpg

They're made for mountain bikers, by a company called "Rock Gardn".

http://www.rockgardn.com/store.asp

I'm hoping you're OK now, and ready to get back & ride, Westygas270?

Jimmie

Edited by mr neutron

I always wanted one of these when I raced mx; don't know if they'd be too bulky for Trials or not:

Jimmie

I had something similar from Acerbis and I didn't like it at all: way to bulky and uncomfortable

Jimmie

Jimmie, I use the Rock Gardn on my off road bike and it works great. I think it would seem bulky and restrictive on a trials bike, at least at first. Maybe somebody would get used to it. If you haven't seen one in person and would like to try it I could bring it to the next event in December.

Craig

Jimmie

I have something like that made by UFO but its the same as what the other guys are saying, too big and bulky and uncomfortable to wear, but it does off great protection!!!

Colin

Well, it's either one of those, or a setup something like what the "Michelin Man" wears...... :hyper:

Craig, Thanks for the offer, Mah Man! I wouldn't mind seeing one in real life, if you happen to throw it in the truck..... But I kinda figured it's a bit much for Trials. I do like the idea of something like has been shown. Like Westygas270, I broke a collarbone & ribs, punctured a lung, and got a concussion from overjumping a double jump 8-10 yrs, ago. I'd probably feel better with something like we're all discussing here, albeit less bulky than what I showed. Everything helps, but in my case, I'm not sure there's anything out there to protect from "stupid", ya know????

BTW, Westygas270, were you riding an event when this happened, or were you out practicing?

Jimmie

jimmie was at a trial at Farndale in Yorkshire.

Used my shirt for the first time to day spot on, loads of people wanting to look at it wanting it because they interested in getting one, mega bit of kit couldnt tell had it on didnt feel hot with it on still max movement, only think i did tho was i normaly have jitsie clothing on and the trials top is more of a fitted top than ones i had before so was about tight on arms, luckly i have a bigger size with me so the fit was perfect.

I woud reccoment this product to any one after today think its dfaft not having one !!!

• Like 1