My Lampkin Rep 315R

monty19

yeah its pretty straight forward really, drained all the fuel replaced the air filter and spark plug, i flushed the tank with a couple of litres of fresh petrol and gave the airbox a good wash and clean

i removed the carb, it was filthy and all the jets were blocked, now to clean one of these you have to be anal about it,

remove all,

jets

floats

choke

slide

needle

spring

mixture screw

idle screw

needle valve

float arm and pin

so basicly dismantle every part of the carb and soak them all in carb cleaner for 24 hrs including the carb and bowl, then blow them all through with compressed air to make sure all are clean, be meticulous about it especialy the bowl as anything in there will come through the carb and probably block the pilot jet again. take a mental note of the way the floats are fitted and ensure they work ok and dont have petrol in them or they wont rise and close of the needle valve

make sure the whole carb is dry and clean before putting it back together, fully close the mixture screw then open it 1.5 turns this will be ok for starting then you can fine tune it later, if you give the carb a gentle shake you should hear the floats move inside the bowl,

i also replaced the fuel line and fitted a inline filter, take care to make sure you get the fuel mixture right ( i only use shell)

i changed the coolant and oil, disconnected all the electrical connections and sprayed them with contact cleaner.

once back together it took about five goes to get it started, after ten minutes or so the cooling fan started so all is ok in the coolant area B) , it now starts first kick and rides lovely.

tony

• Like 1

Did you get the bike running easily?

I went to see it but he wouldn`t budge on the price and I`m too mean to pay the asking price for a non runner.

you went to see this one ? , he wouldnt negotiate with me either lol, ive always wanted one so i thought 800 aint bad and he delivered it aswell

tony

are you a bit gutted now mate

Just a little gutted but only by the sellers attitude, it was advertised in the local paper as good condition, when I got there and he told me it was a non runner I was just a teeny bit annoyed :wall: .

i know the engines can be expensive to repair so I wasn`t prepared to take a chance at £800. I know someone who needed to replace a bigend in one and had to buy a full crank.

I`m pleased it turned out ok for tony and I picked up a 2011 gasser 2 days later so I`m glad in a way.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

These bikes where the best ever made in my opion.they were bomb prove and the bottom end power delivery was absoulatly perfect,and thats with a old school delorto carb,lol.was a shame they never made they them in a 290 for the high level lads as they lacked in top end power at times for the top level riders.one of these with a 290 motor and all the trick bits you can buy on the market now,ie, titanium pipe,boyseen reed valve,kien carb-maybe?would be very intresting to see!

I'm thinking of changing the carb, is the oko one worth considering or is anyone running a 315 with a different carb

im running a 26mm oko powerjet carb on mine, jetted roughly the same as the old dellorto but ended up changing the 2.5 slide to a 3 from a keihin pwk