Fantic 309 Photos & Decals

monty348

Hello again,

I'm hoping to have new decals (vinyl graphics) made for my 309 Fantic. I'm having trouble determining the original colors, especially the "FANTIC" logo and rear mudguard stripes. All the photos I find show faded colors. I'd be grateful for photos of this model when it was new. Also measurements of the rear mudguard decals.

Thanks.

Greg

Mine hits like a 80's MXer,has tons of flywheel,USD fork feels excellent,rear shock good also. Engine is rattly,but piston and cylinder measure right on spec.I might have a connecting rod for it so I will tear it down and replace it this winter.

Mine hits like a 80's MXer,has tons of flywheel,USD fork feels excellent,rear shock good also. Engine is rattly,but piston and cylinder measure right on spec.I might have a connecting rod for it so I will tear it down and replace it this winter.

Doug I read somewhere about the noisy pistons in those , something about the piston skirt design or something , bottom end is most likely fine ....

Glenn

Doug I read somewhere about the noisy pistons in those , something about the piston skirt design or something , bottom end is most likely fine ....

Glenn

The thing has such big ports there is no support for the piston when down deep in cylinder,My rod doesn't have vertical play,but you can tilt it left/right quite a bit more than I like,Might as well rod it and put new mains in just for the hell of it. I've got no other big project this winter anyway.

• 1 month later...

Had these made,close enough for me!

photo309_zps34f7f82b.jpg

I'll work on getting something to make the stripes out of and finding a close enough fluorescent yellow to paint the faded tank :-)

And oh by the way, I swapped on a Oko carb that my wasn't happy on my 240 and the 309 LOVES IT! smooth-smooth-smooth! and major bonus! Stopped all the Rattling! I'd rate it quieter than a TY yamaha now :-) No need to tear down and rebuild!!!!!!!

Edited by htrdoug
  • Like 2

Had these made,close enough for me!

I'll work on getting something to make the stripes out of and finding a close enough fluorescent yellow to paint the faded tank :-)

And oh by the way, I swapped on a Oko carb that my wasn't happy on my 240 and the 309 LOVES IT! smooth-smooth-smooth! and major bonus! Stopped all the Rattling! I'd rate it quieter than a TY yamaha now :-) No need to tear down and rebuild!!!!!!!

I'm lagging behind on getting stickers made. Should be sometime this month but I'm not rushing anything. I'm having tank, mudguard and swingarm reproduced as best as possible.