300Cc 4Rt

martyd

Thanks Shercoben do you no this from experience?

jj65 is that right they run hot?

The guy that has the kit said only on a long hard road run this happens

Dont think i want to buy a rad aswell

The 280cc kit seems to be ok?

Marty

Why do you want, need the 300 kit, are you a very good expert or better? I know a very good expert rider that rides a standard engined 4rt and wins most often at club level, on a standard 250. But if you wanted to go bigger, the 280 kit would be more than suffient, without the need to modify the crank cases (which is what I believe you have to do with a 300 kit). Future sell a bigger rad for reason ;0). I'm no expert on this subject, but I know quite a lot 4rt owners, but don't know anyone who has done a 300 kit. (Munch on here is your man, for info)

No Grip in mud, well that's debateable, depends on what setup there running really, there are bikes that are a bit better, but if they were c###, no one would be riding them, would they, there are plenty of good clubmen riding them. (It's a shame there isn't someone like Sam Connor or Dan Thorpe riding one next year, as they would show what the bikes really capable of).

Is it a bike your buying, or are you moding one you own already? The best mod on an older 4rt is a dual map throttle body, but if you can afford a new bike, buy the new 260, you won't regret it ;0).

• Like 1

As a 6'7" 20st decent clubman rider I don't feel I need any more power than my 280 is giving. The only time it is lacking is usually due to having to haul me around. A 250 is much flatter and I wouldn't be confident on some good clubman sections, again that's probably due to my size more than anything.

Thanks for the replies

jj65 I'm a avg clubman

Just fancied the bling factor more than anything

I have just bought a 06repsol used only 3 times since new

As you say a 2 stage throttle might be a first option

Alougth a 300 cc kit is cheaper lol

The temptation of all these upgradable parts is amazing !!

Warby beta your 280 what else have you done?

Exhausts etc?

Thanks Men

Marty

DMTB is the first thing with a Laia Sanz map, change the gearing to 42/9 or 43/9, put a mitani titanium front header pipe 27mm and mitani titanium silencer (saves over a kg and better smoother power, especially with a DMTB and a 280 kit, oh, and I know where there's a mint set up for sale, if your interested). As it's an 06, you might want to put a mitani clutch in to get a smoother action.

I have an s3 ti front pipe and a single map throttle body. Don't know what map is on it, whatever pidcocks supplied with their 280's.

Thanks Warby

i have a mitani front pipe and a programmable single stage throttle body

Marty

Hi Martyd I have an 06 4rt and have ridden it for about a year and loved it , it has a mitani tit pipe , s3 tit front pipe and a single programable body on it running a soft map and I found it ok . I them found a s3 280 kit on eBay £160 so it's now fitted !! Wow what a difference bike sounds awesome really deep tone , bottem end seems much smoother less snappy at low revs , at about half to three quater throttle it bites !!!! . I find if you plant your ass over the back gently feed it in it grips better than the standard bike did it's now running a beginner map , but I think the key is the ability to try a map that suits. Your style . I normaly ride easy / clubman so don't need extra power but it had to be done :)

forgot to say am running 41 /9 gearing and I also have mitani clutch , I find I use second gear mostly only first in the tight bits

Hi Martyd I have an 06 4rt and have ridden it for about a year and loved it , it has a mitani tit pipe , s3 tit front pipe and a single programable body on it running a soft map and I found it ok . I them found a s3 280 kit on eBay £160 so it's now fitted !! Wow what a difference bike sounds awesome really deep tone , bottem end seems much smoother less snappy at low revs , at about half to three quater throttle it bites !!!! . I find if you plant your ass over the back gently feed it in it grips better than the standard bike did it's now running a beginner map , but I think the key is the ability to try a map that suits. Your style . I normaly ride easy / clubman so don't need extra power but it had to be done :)

forgot to say am running 41 /9 gearing and I also have mitani clutch , I find I use second gear mostly only first in the tight bits

Thanks looking like a 280 kit will be the one

Will be hard work to try and find a used one like you !!!

I'm on 9/42

Marty