Rev 3 200 Cylinder

hoodie2

Hi

got an 06 rev 3 200. Wanted to freshen it up and thought that the 200's had a lined barrel and that a rebore would be needed. Lampkin's were able to tell me that Beta changed from a liner to a plated cylinder but they were not sure when. Come the weekend I'll have a look to check but in the meantime does anyone know from experience if the bore on the 06 200 is plated or lined?

Cheers

Hi

Just before Christmas I sent my Sherco cylinder to Langcourts for replating and had it back in 6 days! Very good service - make sure you send either your current piston if not worn or the new piston size i.e. A, B etc with the cylinder.

Edited by bishyfishy

• 2 weeks later...

I am near certain an 06 beta will have a vertex piston and vertex do up to 9 pistons for the same nominal bore although 4 (A to D) is more common. Look at the vertex website / catalog as it gives details of piston to bore clearance, ring end gaps etc and how to measure them.Their site has an email address for more info.