Cylinder Head Spacer

grib

I fitted one to my mates 04 300, (I had to machine it to increase the inside diameter to fit the 300).

The power is now a bit softer low down and its easier to start.

Ian

I fitted one to my 05 280 pro and it made no difference. Tried a mate's 05 250 pro before and after he fitted a flywheel weight and the improvment with the weight was very noticeable, smoothed the bottom end right out and softer pick-up.

I know other people who have fitted head spacers and been pleased with the difference but I honestly couldn't tell any difference on mine. I know which mod I'd go for if I was in that position again. More expensive but easier to fit than the head spacer.

Flywheel weight kit is the best bet for smooth power and low down grunt. I had a head spacer on my 2002 250 pro and it was crap! ruined the whole performance of the bike, made it lumpy, binned it! HondaRS Said exactly the right reason. Next one I get, the first mod will be a Flywheel weight (

A mate had the spacer on his pro and it was bloody horrible... destroyed the whole reason fro having a pro... just buy a slow bike, a Scorpa!!

r2, you really shouldn't be so hard on those poor Scorpa guys <_<

Edited by JTT

I fitted an additional base gasket (0.5mm) to my mont 315 this has the advantage of moving the ports (reducing opening times) as well as the compression ratio. It gets rid of the mont knock and softens the engine.

Would it work on a gasser?

Yes, and in fact they offer three different thickness of base gaskets in most cases. Basically the same effect as the spacer, only cheaper. The change in port timing is so small that it would be difficult to notice, seat of the pants.

I fitted an additional base gasket (0.5mm) to my mont 315 this has the advantage of moving the ports (reducing opening times) as well as the compression ratio. It gets rid of the mont knock and softens the engine.

Additional base gasket (lifting the cylinder):

reducing compression ratio - yes,

reducing inlet duration - yes,

but increasing exhaust and transfer duration.

I have an 05 raga and put a base gasket into that, flywheel weight and slow action throttle and can ride it now.The flywheel weight made the most noticable difference made the bottom end smooth and doesnt pull my arms out as before :wacko:

well r2wtrials, mate bought 1 last year and i had a few goes on it and really liked it, was soft and gripped well.

This year they seem to be a lot more faster, a couple of others who ride expert route and british championships have said the same.

Plus its got the ohlins shocker which is a lot better.

They look mint as well :wacko:

millybob, the difference you felt between your mates and yours may also be down the the ignition programming being used. This is programmable with the Ducati system and dual stage for the new Kokusan system.