Earlier Ssdt.

laird387

Image nunber 75 has my dad and mum and grandma watching, dad is in the long coat next to gordons throttle hand and my mum just behind with dark hair and grandma is next to the guy with helmet and glasses. Stephen Bisby.

(Stephen,

Spectator watching is cheating if you're related to them !!!

Cheers,

Deryk.

PS. Don't forget you can have a copy of the photograph for them if you want.)

Edited by laird387

Hi,

The Scottish was one of the few trials to retain a 150cc Cup in its list of classes, so many factories included a 150cc version of their standard offerings in their teams.

Here in 1961 Ernie Smith who had joined Greeves at Thundersley from Francis-Barnett, was nominated - or drew the short straw - dependant on your view!

Seen on Laggan Locks,

post-19290-0-54625600-1394366224_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

The British Army team in the 1963 Scottish all had works bikes, Steve Johnston rode 231FUY (Royal Enfield Crusader), and the others were all on Tiger Cubs, Mick Noyce on 175FUE, Tom Fayers on 174FUE and Pete Lasota on 173FUE.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-11691300-1394464022_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Alan Clews last ditch attempt to make a successful British fourstroke trials model with the 350 CCM werenot very successful.

I had one and was bitterly disappointed with it, it steered well enough and 'looked' the part - but they were badly let down by a poor ignition system. As an electronics engineer I was able to solve that but, by then, the gloss had gone and I was happy to sell it on.

Here Dave Thorpe takes his works CCM through Rubharuadh in the 1979 Scottish.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-42721200-1395767801_thumb.jpg

• Like 1