Bmw

laird387

Hi,

The Talmag Trophy is a trial specifically for fourstroke machines of european manufacture, and here is just such an example.

Seen at the 1993 Talmag was this visitor from the continent with his trials special obviously based on a BMW R26 shaft-drive 250cc single.

Getting suitable gearing for trials works must be a nightmare!

(ducman tells us: The guy on the first pic is Bernd Kreutz from Gressenich.) Thanks ducman, Bernd was a subscriber to my ORR magazine and I knew the face but couldn't remember the name.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-86924600-1396429641_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 3

Hi,

There was a BMW R26 similar to the one we saw at the Talmag at the Bonanza in July at Sallywood.

(ducman tells us: That's Erich Hackel from Reisersberg down in Bavaria.) Thanks for your help.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-43736800-1396702406_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

My Clubmate Ralph Goerlich has also a very nice BMW,he rode it a few times in the U.K. in the Talmag,1997 in the Manx 2 Day Classic and one year at the Bonanza.All these guy's use the barrel of the Isetta Bubble car which is a 300cc.For the shaft drive they use the sidecar version,which is a bit shorter.Hope that helps a bit,with this unusual bavarin trials bike.

• Like 2

Oh i forgot,

the guy on the first pic is Bernd Kreutz from Gressenich.He is organizer of the Pre65,Twinschock and sidcar Trial Eurocup.The bike he rode on that picture was for long time his.He sold it to Joachim Happel from Kassel and he sold it to Bernd Sattlers dad Willhelm.I do not know if Bernd bought it from his dad or if it was a present.It looked a bit different now,but it is exactly the same bike he rode in the Scottish.So the ex Bernd Kreutz "Rubbercow"(as we call the Beemers over here)is now owned and ridden very well by Bernd Sattler.By the way Bernd is working for Pirelli,may he got some magic compound on that bike.This is also a 300 with the barrel from the Isetta Bubblecar.

Edited by ducman

Here is a pic of my clubmate Ralph Goerlich and his lovley 300cc BMW R26.Photo was taken at this years Fourstroke Trial at the 15/16th of march in Brockhoefe near Luenburg.Organizer was Rudi Munstermann.

17923970mk.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...