Right Or Left Foot

billyt

A bunch of us were talking about this at the weekend.

When you dab, do you dab more with your right or left foot?

I dab more with my left foot. Dont know why! I am right handed and right footed.

BillyT

I think most people dab more with the left. Two reasons, the left foot is the favorite for a safety dab and most people are right handed. The left is the favorite for dabbing as the right foot needs to be on the brake still. Riders could cut their score drastically by building up confidence and foregoing the safety dab at every obstacle. Just what I have seen the last 40 + years.

Most people are right-handed so this gives us a stronger grip on that side, plus you can throw your body weight onto an object to stay upright. Having said that, 'I dress to the left.'

Edited by ross brown

never thought about it that much, either is better than no dab and ending up with a head dab

I have head dabbed on a tree. sometimes the observer gives me a point, sometimes they laugh. I don't argue with either one.

That is an interesting question huh

It makes me wonder though, if. Dab is to solve a loss of balance then dominantly dabbing with the left would mean dominantly losing balance to the left and not to the right.....Right?

Really it should be 50/50 unless all sections have only left turns for example

Thinking about it I probably dab most with my left (and I'm left handed) but a lot of my dabs are lack of confidence, like my brain says "whaddya thinkin! You can't do that!!, Better dab"

Could it be that most dab with left out of instinct, in that when riding a 'metric' road going bike, (which I'm sure most of us have), that the first foot to go down when coming to a stop is the left foot, as lineaway says 'the right foot needs to be on the brake'. Having said all this, what do those who are used to riding the old 'imperial' bikes think?

Could it be that most dab with left out of instinct, in that when riding a 'metric' road going bike, (which I'm sure most of us have), that the first foot to go down when coming to a stop is the left foot, as lineaway says 'the right foot needs to be on the brake'. Having said all this, what do those who are used to riding the old 'imperial' bikes think?

Most of 'em are still in the car park looking for an elusive spark.