Gasgas Pro Racing 2014 Clutch

gasgasshetland

Hi there, I bought a new Gasgas pro racing a couple of weeks ago and each time i have ridden it the clutch lever pumps up until i can only pull it part way in. This happens when riding in tight rocky type sections when using the clutch a lot. It can be temporarily sorted by fully letting the clutch lever out. My thoughts are there is possibly air in the system.

Has anyone else had this problem and what type of mineral oil is recommended. tried the dealer today but they are closed due to the holiday i suspect.

Any advice would be welcomed

Its Dot.4 and if you have put mineral oil in to top up it will knacker the seals up. Air in the system makes it spongy and you have to usually pump it up to work not quite what you describe. Easy way to work air out that always works for me, take cover off the lever reserve making sure its flat not to loose fluid, then pump lever slowly and increase speed on the pumping of lever, wait a minute and i rattle the cables to allow air to rise and repeat. Make sure you have a rag at hand to make sure any Dot.4 fluid is not spilt as its harsh on paint.

This method gets rid of small amounts of air and if this fails its a complete bleed process that maybe required.

• Like 1

Unless they have changed things on the 2014s they have always used mineral oil on the pros

Yes you are correct mineral oil on clutch and Dot.4 on front brake. Just check mine and it does say it on the 2014 model on covers.

Cheers for the replies. I haven't used dot 4 etc. I will try getting the air out of the system. The only mineral oil I had found at an autoshop was comma. LHM+ mineral oil. Wasn't sure if it would be ok. Thought I would talk to appleyards tomorrow to ask about what oil. It's just a it annoying what with it being brand new and having to start working on it. Haven't even managed to fall off it properly yet!! Though am sure it's going to happen soon enough

Thanks again for the replies. Hadn't adjusted clutch and there is free play between fully off and lever being pulled in. Thanks for the note regards LHM being correct fluid. Spoke to dealer and they are getting back to me but possible that the piston is sticking in the master cylinder so hopefully get that sorted and be good then.