Burning My Leg On Evo 250 Exhaust Pipe.

stpauls

Hello All

I keep burning my leg and melting my (expensive) trials trousers on the exhaust pipe, on the right hand side of my 2013 Beta Evo 250. Has anyone fitted a guard that has been successful?

Thanks

Tony

My wife had the same problem on her 2014 Evo 250 4T. Not the muffler area it has a good guard but on the header when she went over a few times.

Melted holes in the Wulfsport polyester! I put a leather patch on the effected area which will be much more heat proof than the poly.

Doesn't look too neat but works well and saved some money on new ones!

Mags

post-20008-0-43160000-1403560629_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Don't know of a specific guard for the right hand side of the pipe. But I know exactly what you mean about the pipe on the 250. This is me and the wife and that is me about to burn the inside of my right knee( It even left skin stuck on the pipe) the cooking smells kept me think about the burger van until the end of the trial.

post-2720-0-94840000-1403617440_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I fitted a carbon look plastic guard that's held on with double sided tape and it melted onto the exhaust :wall: took me ages to get the crap off, I have just ordered a Jitsie carbon one, not cheap but its better than damaging the Titanium front pipe.

P@ul250,

Now thats a great family pic! I'd have that framed and hanging somewhere!

Try not to "burger" ya leg anymore.... or carry lettuce, tomato sauce and a bun! ;)

Mags

Edited by mags
  • Like 1

P@ul250 ;

We need the video and audio from that helmet cam on your buddy's helmet .... (your wife :) )

You'll be famous and we can all enjoy it . I want to hear the commentary on your control .....

But Mags is right , that photo should be framed ....

Glenn :)

I learnt a lesson that day I can tell you!

I went at that bank a bit too slowly and we started to slide to the right. So I dabbed. BIG MISTAKE!

Here is a link to my youtube page. Haven't actualy got a clip of that insident ( was taken down because if the swearing) :shutup: but loads of over mistackes as Debbie and I try to lurn the black art of sidecar trials. :madnoel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcWYVK524qvTXrnxiY-eXYg/videos

Edited by p@ul250
  • Like 1