Twinshock/pre65

midlife

I think the twinshocks have a way to go before they catch up with us Pre65ers. My 1950 rigid AJS will soon be sporting an inboard front disc hidden in a standard hub.The Amal Concentric has had its guts removed and now houses an injector fed from a pump inside the fuel tank.Its all controlled by a self generating EFI ecu which also provides sparks.All hidden inside a Lucas racing mag shell.

Only joking ! But its all possible.

You still have to ride the bloody thing though...

It matters not a jot about how much money you spend on a bike. I know I've done it..twice!

I have not one but two Vazquez Racing Bultaco 325 Sherpas (both model 199A) both built to my own personal requirements. One is a full-power motor, the other a softer tuned motor. I bought one complete bike, the other was a 325 199A that I have owned for about 4 years and sent it to Spain to be re-built and spec'd up. I have two more that are standard 325 model 199A.

As has been said, you have to be a good rider to win.

For sure my bikes are way more capable than I am a competitor. They perform faultlessly and everything works... perfectly, the suspension, steering, clutch (it's not hydraulic, but it's a one finger smooth action.

The ports are modified, the head angles are steeper, the exhausts are totally different inside, the suspension is Bultaco but with modified internal damping with progressive parts inside.

Why?...I do it for fun, that is what it's all about! I get a real buzz riding these bikes, but also I get a buzz riding any bike modified or standard, it's what I've done since I was a kid!

Big John

• Like 2

Fairly obvious really,like in all things in life - plenty of reasons.Some just like the challenge of building the smartest,trickest bike,some just like showing off,having a "Considerably smarter than Yow" others just buy trick looking bikes because they don't have the skills/time/kit to do it themselves.

The way I look at it is the more people spend on old bikes,and actually ride them,the longer we will be able to keep getting bits.Parts are being made now that were unavailable 10 years ago.

• Like 2

rob bowyer did exactly that only a couple of months ago !!

take a look on facebook for robs comment on your foolish post.

A bit unnecessary. So Robs bike is 1965 factory fresh ?

Google. trials trumph 500 twin. [as if you need to be told]

Triumph must have changed them every two weeks and not just every year like now. :icon_salut:

I mean the 'rob bowyer' bike, not just any bike [as if you need to be told!]