Sidi Boots

stuessenhigh

Not a very excitiing topic, but every now and again someone asks about opinions on boots....

well, to be honest, I dont have MUCH experience of other boots...but I just want to say....

WELL DONE SIDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........my trials boots are now over 2 years old...have seen, I think well over 600 hours of trials use, and probably half as much again on the road with my road bike. You can see by the pictures, that they still have some life left!!...all pretty good for just over 100 pounds...(here in Hong Kong)

Yep...you'll see I did re-sole them with a Gaerne sole, but to be honest, i didnt NEED too, it was more an experiment than anything. Anyone thinking of doing that...I would say, well,...its a cheap way to get a boot with a fresh sole on it, but find youself a good cobbler, mine said the SIDI soles were the toughest/strongest bonded sole, that he'd ever had to remove from anything.....I think he almost regretted taking on the challenge.

SO...thanks SIDI..I'll definately be buying your boots again...but I probably wont need too that often...hee-hee :D

post-50-1124408024.jpg

post-50-1124408087.jpg

So tell us, What was the experiment about? I mean I know some people replace a perfeclty good coffee table when it suits them, but I digress...

Example, you thought the Garne sole was ________<softer, harder, lighter> or maybe the boot leaked?

I have some 3year old Hebo's I ride close to 3 times a week for at least an hour when I can... more some weeks. I dont think I need soles yet. But I would love to try other boots. Everything Hebo does is apparently built for Raga, Built for skinny sh*t, instead of like me, Im under-tall, and cannot buckle the top buckle on my 45's.

the boots look good in the pic. I sure do know I need to re-mink oil mine. :D last pair of boots I owned I had them for nearly 25 years, lol. Yeah they are pretty shot, but better than nothing if that was all you had.

OK...sting..I guess the original SIDI sole was a BIT knackered...as in the grip had been eaten off it.....I COULD have stayed with that since it still had plenty of thickness in it...but that combined with the fact that cobblers are very good and VERY reasonable here, I thought..OK..give the Gaernes soles a try...

that was the only reason really.

Thats a cracking offer in TMX...mind you..the new ones..I THINK dont have such a tough upper as the old ones like my pic.....but they still seem to be very good boots.

:D

Oh....also..not only do the new ones have a softer upper...(not so good in my opinion)...but they also have a completely different sole now...the new sole..I think is MUCH nicer than the old one...but again, a bit softer, so might not last as long? :lol:

OK...sting..(snipped your nice answer) :)

Thanks STU. Im up in the air about the supersoft leather too, pinched my foot a couple times now where i wouldnt have with the old ('78 -80's) old style Sidi boots, you recall them dont ya, had like 14 buckles in each boot? hehehe my kid was using my mother's pair (size 8 mens boot ya know almost like new but 30 years old) anyhow he looked at his boots one day (long after the gift-ness of them wore off) and then mine, smiled one of those tongue in cheek things, and went "Awe crap, I got 10 minutes of buckling to do yet..." :lol::D:D

Sounds like SIDI are discontinuing the Trials Zero so if you like them (and they are bl@@dy good) get them now. The "Courier" Boot is basically the same but with a "sock and a metal toe for those not quick enough to get the "Silver" boot.