Stupid Dellorto Question ...

axulsuv

OK , here it is ;

On a phbl does the choke operate with the plunger in the carb body up or down ? On my soon to be trusty '97 section , the manuals I've obtained (thanks to all !) , show and translate that the long lever version on my bike , you lift the lever to activate the choke circuit ... which puts the plunger in the down position. The choke lever in either position has little effect on how the bike runs ... Idle mixture screw has little effect with lever in either position ... Time to get a gasket/seal kit and go thru the carb I know . But before I start looking for other issues , I want to know the carb is correct . But the old girl will still pull your shoulders out of socket with misjudged throttle application ! :)

Thanks for any pointers ! She's still my first almost modern bike ! Air cooled 240's are so much simpler ......!!!!!!!!

Thanks ,

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

from what i gather it must be the steel lever type which as you say you lift it and the plunger goes down for on , this should have an effect so it is either choke on all time or off all time ,, also the mixture screw should cause a difference when adjusted , so a carb overhaul is due , but check air filter first

The PHBL does not have a choke

It is the position of the plunger that counts.

When plunger is down the enrichment circuit is closed - normal hot running position

When the plunger is up the enrichment circuit is open - cold start position

The PHBL does not have a choke

It is the position of the plunger that counts.

When plunger is down the enrichment circuit is closed - normal hot running position

When the plunger is up the enrichment circuit is open - cold start position

Funny, but true!