2008 4Rt To Low To The Ground?

trevor lucey

Hi

I have a 2008 4rt it is my second 4rt and love the bike. I have the upgraded the spring as I am 5ft 10 and 13 stone. In the last six weeks I have replaced the gear lever, gear lever shaft and the rear brake lever twice. I never had this problem with my last 2005 4rt. The bike does not look to be any lower then any other 4rt and while I am riding harder sections the levers seem to be getting caught on every rock I ride past even outside the sections where I have ridden my old 4rt with no problem.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Trevor

Yes, you can put it together the wrong way round but it's very noticeable, the ride ride height is considerably lower.

Plates are correct lads thanks, in my case the lowering of the ride height seems to be directly proportional to me quitting smoking six months ago on the same day I got the bike, the longer I keep off the tabs the closer the bike seems to get to the ground.

Edited by the addict
  • Like 2

Plates are correct lads thanks, in my case the lowering of the ride height seems to be directly proportional to me quitting smoking six months ago on the same day I got the bike, the longer I keep off the tabs the closer the bike seems to get to the ground.

Stay off the tabs and go on the "Titanium diet", you won't be able to afford to eat and the weight will just drop off yourself and the bike. ;-)

• Like 2