Raga-The Reality!

gizza5

Rather than a World Championship made up of tiny 15 rider trials why not have every country that is allocated a round choose a major trial from their existing calendar to give a true reflection of that countries particular sport.

I suppose in G.B. we could choose the Scott or the Scottish, although I realise not a true reflection of our sport because of the speed or endurance aspects, but hey it's a world championship so these guys should handle it !

So each chosen trial would only see an increase of 15 to 20 riders unless of course the WTC suddenly became more popular and heavens forbid your own national runners decided to start entering events in other countries ( Yes it used to happen, remember Butser in the 80's massive entry and an awesome event)

The WTC must be changed,it is currently a one or maybe two man show and if you look at video of the rounds not a lot of people go to watch so where is the contribution to the sport.

That would result in the Scottish ruined for the benefit of the world round riders!

No, nothing has to be changed, I really think you have missed my point, Dougie is still our best world class rider and the Scottish took marks off him.

It is not about the riders it is all about the C of C and helpers, it is their responsibility to ensure the event is rideable by the majority.

Another idea would be to pick a BTC event, (they need the riders) but some of these took more marks off our domestic riders than world rounds, again down to the C of C not who was riding.

How about WTC riders using bikes ' out of the box' bikes supplied by the local importer, that way you see your bike being ridden by the best in the world rather than some factory special and at the end of the event the bikes can be sold locally. This would again reduce the costs of the WTC