Neck Pain

itsafive

I always finish a trial with pain at the bottom of my neck between shoulder blades. I am a novice so I could be tense on the bike.

Could it be how I have set the controls up? I'm 6 feet tall and the bike is an 05 GG with standard bars.

sounds right your to tense, your not to tall for the bike, try using  your feet more to steer the bike putting more pressure on the pegs to turn oh and ride all the time i find that to be thr most relaxing 

Trials require bending your knees more than most people do. The bikes Ergos are fine for a six footer. Relax and breath while in the section.

Agreed, bend your legs more, much more. When I first started off someone told me that 'You ride a trials bike with your legs'?? :blink:

I didn't 'get it' for about 5 years and miraculously at the same time my neck pain disappeared.

Squats and jumping squats are your off-bike friends. :banana:

+1 on rolling your bars forward a bit, a few inches can make it feel like a new bike... I'm 6'2" novice and another rider pointed out the bars to me after I had been riding a year or so and I couldn't believe the difference. Ask a more experienced rider to watch you ride and see if they can give you some advice - or post a video here and let the peanut gallery here have a go :)

Is your helmet / peak too low at the front, meaning you are continually having to look up to see forwards. I have had this problem and it gives me a sharp ache behind both ears. I put extra foam in my helmet at the top of my forehead.