Txt 270 Or 280?

sean65

I am looking at getting my first trials and plan to go and look at a GasGas 280txt and 270txt over the weekend. The latter has been rebuilt and is a 1999 example which seems very straight. The former is a 2002 model and again seems very clean.

Similar money, so is there really a better option of the two or would the forum consider them much of a muchness. 

Thanks

The 280 being a 2002 could be an early Pro model with a later type engine, however the early pros suffered with electrical problems. Not the end of the world but worth bearing in mind.

I own a 2009 280 so may be biased slightly! Owned a 300 before and much prefer the 280. The engine hasn't changed a huge amount from the 2002 pro to date. Both of the above will need rear linkage checking for play. Personally I would go for the 2002 if a pro and in good condition as it is a more modern bike all round.

Had a look at both today. Both seem pretty straight. 270 has had engine rebuild new discs but has some play in the front bearing. 280 again seems straight and well looked after. Both started first kick with not trouble. For very similar money, would the newer bike not be a better option really?

The 02 would be lighter,more powerful and manoeuvrable,but the pro wasn't really sorted till 04.Theyre both old bikes,the 270 with a rebuilt engine would be a wiser buy Front wheel bearings are a cheap and easy fix

I am beginning to think that myself. The 280 is only 3 miles away and the 270, 40 miles, but both will go in the back of the Discovery. Would the 280 not  have been sorted in its 13 years history by now though, or expired if it was a bad example. The be honest as a total beginner, I probably wouldn't tell the difference. Lol

• Like 1