Txt 270 Or 280?

sean65

I agree each to their own. I just want to be as accurate with things as I can. There must be a definitive answer surely?

Watching the Gas Gas video, he suggests you have to pour in the oil through the viewing glass bolt hole below the kick start when the bike is on its side. Not what I thought the allen bolt above the kick sttart. Am I missing something or just being a bit thick?

That's the video I watched and seemed to imply I either use the viewing hole or a filer right near the thermostat housing. Not obvious on mine. The only place that is obvious is the one above the kick start but that is not referred to in the video, so is it not that.

That's the video I watched and seemed to imply I either use the viewing hole or a filer right near the thermostat housing. Not obvious on mine. The only place that is obvious is the one above the kick start but that is not referred to in the video, so is it not that.

Yes its the one behind the kickstarter :)

• Like 1

Good! I just didn't want some kick start detent spring flying up in the air. LOL

In the absence of being able to get 5w 30 I may well have to try the 10/40 option.

Then onto the clutch lever. There is a lot of travel before it move the small tension spring but there isn't a lot left on the adjustment thread to take it in.

BTW thanks for the help so far. Much appreciated.

post-21440-0-75832800-1437160603_thumb.jpg

post-21440-0-87263300-1437160611_thumb.jpg

There are two points of adjustment. One to get the lever more towards you, and the other to set the stroke of the piston. The one in lign with the lever is for the total travel of the lever, the one inside the lever for the piston inside the master cilinder.

Make sure it has enough free play and enough travel to fully engage the clutch.

Way too much free play at the moment so reckon I will have to adjust the actual lever first and then the screw to the plunger. I think the lever hits the grip before it has fully depressed. Now I have a holiday I will get more chance to look. Do I take it these take conventional brake fluid is it the oil version?

Looking through the viewing window, it would appear the gearbox oil has the red tinge of ATF.