Trs Bike Unveiled

Andy

Surely you have to give credit to Vertigo ror developing such a radical bike in the publc eye? 

I don't think JD would for a second would criticise the bike and surely it is fair to point out the bike is being developed and not the finished product.

Ossa rushed things and look where they ended up and I don;t think they ever got the efi 100%

Offside we've been riding our luck offroad with these carb thingys for years.  

I don't think anybody is criticizing Vertigo for developing such a bike, we only think it might be in their disadvantage doing it out in the open.

Perception ( sometimes sadly enough ) influences some people in their decision to buy a bike.

I don't think anybody is criticizing Vertigo for developing such a bike, we only think it might be in their disadvantage doing it out in the open.

Perception ( sometimes sadly enough ) influences some people in their decision to buy a bike.

i think the opposite and im sure ossa jtg and sherco 4 stroke first batch buyers would agree?

I don't think there's anything wrong with Vertigo doing development in the open. But the impression people seemed to have gotten was that when the bike was announced, it would be for sale soon after. The fact that its been so long and you still can't buy one takes a lot of the bloom off the rose.

Funny how people make assumptions and then are disappointed when things don't happen. I find sometimes my family has that issue with making assumptions about me getting house work done and then I go out riding instead. I had actually assumed they were planning on getting the full series in before offering it to the public all along and never saw any plans to indicate otherwise... mind you I will be disappointed if it isn't available for sale before year end. Maybe being in North America my attitude is a little different as we so often see great stuff in Europe that never even makes it here so the fact that is coming at all is a pretty cool thing.

i think the opposite and im sure ossa jtg and sherco 4 stroke first batch buyers would agree?

Lets hope it's the opposite, I was only basing my comment on the words of a potential buyer, and he might be a minority.

We will never know how many potential buyers didn't buy it for some or other reason.

Lets hope it's the opposite, I was only basing my comment on the words of a potential buyer, and he might be a minority.

We will never know how many potential buyers didn't buy it for some or other reason.

So did you buy a first batch bike of the above, if not, do you see my point?

So did you buy a first batch bike of the above, if not, do you see my point?

I saw your point.

But there's a reason why I used the word "some" people in my statement.

Just like there are people who appreciate the fact that Vertigo do everything in the open, there are SOME who might be put off by the teething problems. Like my friend.

I thought that was clear from the onset, but clearly not. I'll try to be more clearly next time.

Or didn't I see your point after all? :mellow:

Edited by guys

Testing is usually done out of sight, even sometimes with camouflaged vehicles, you know that, and you also know it's done that way for a good reason.

Man, I thought that my emphasis on "IN THE OPEN TESTING" versus "out of sight" was clear but apparently not.

Damn this sucks, I'm getting the Dadof2 treatment I think. :unsure::P

Edited by guys

You are a reasonable person not dad of 2. But there are two sides to testing can you see why its better to test properly befire release, and of course its not possible to test a bike in the SSDT in camouflage and not be noticed.

Which for vertigo was an unmitigated success.

I really think a few failures in the prototype stage is good pr if they overcome whats wrong.

• Like 1

I think the difference here is that TRS have gone with a fairly conventional design where not much can go wrong. The design brief seems to have picked the eyes out of the existing bikes and come up with a great looking but conventional, simple bike.  Vertigo has gone down a different path with the use of fuel injection and an unconventional exhaust layout, which seems to change every time you see the bike. I guess TRS have gone with the 'if it isn't broke don't fix it' route and this appears to be working with Raga finishing second to Bou in the latest round of the Spanish Championship at the weekend, not bad for its second outing, and you cant imagine Raga has spent much time on it as he was still on the Gas Gas a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2