Trs Bike Unveiled

Andy

The only "fault" I can see on the TRS is where the hoses attach to the clutch and front brake master cylinders, they look a bit weak and vulnerable. Would be better with 90 degree banjos to bring the hoses nearer to the bars. The rest of the bike looks spot on.

• 1 month later...

We've finally got a couple in the States now. Looking at the bike up close, it looks incredibly well finished and thought out. It's not flashy, which I think a lot of people will like. Everything looks well or over-engineered and easy to work on. The headstock is a good example... the bearings look enormous, and in the event they do need adjustment, it's all accessible with regular hand tools without having to pull the bars off. There are a lot of really beautifully machined 'run-of-the-mill' parts on it... the knurled shift knob, the kick start lever. The linkage bearing are all the same, and you can get to all of them easily.

I got a quick ride on one, and at a mimimum I can say that the clutch is fantastic. Too heavy as standard in terms of pull (for me), but engagement is very gradual easy to come to terms with. I'm guessing pulling a couple springs will fix the lever pull. The gearbox felt fantastic... very positive. Impossible to find neutral with the motor running, but oh well.

I really like the bike. I think I'll give them a year to iron out any niggles, but it looks great as is.

Got to ride one yesterday. I'd heard to expect the clutch pull to be slightly heavy, but on this particular bike it was no worse than on a GG (meaning: very light). Fantastic bike, really leaning towards buying one myself.

You can't take springs out of a diaphragm type clutch to lighten it but you may be able to adjust the clutch plate pack size. Albert Arana reported no problems with his standard bike at the ssdt other than over tightening the rear spindle then damaging the hex head when trying to undo it with the short spanner he was carrying. Certainly reliability looks good