Trs Bike Unveiled

Andy

• 5 weeks later...

Because it is not communicated (yet)?

No i meant why does no one at the factory know yet. Clearly if there was not one bike at the dbs and there are no semi production bikes with importers riders as tasters/promo then peeps cant say "i'll wait for that it looks good and sounds great and goes well". but nada.

• 1 month later...

Great news to get the marque in the headlines , but the plan was ,as i was told by boss to send 3 prototypes out to the corners of the earth (Inc UK) , test them , obtain feedback , modify over a few months and then start production.

Given that the proto deliveries have not happened and that production is infinitely harder than making a few bikes to test and that the UK importers above delivery date has past I suspect we are in for a long wait before we see any bikes to buy.

Either

A - they will continue as planned above

Or

B - they will skip sending the 3 bikes out for local evaluation

My guess , is B. The financier will want income , despite any reassurances we might hear .... This will be the case. The importers will also be wanting the sales.

Production is the hardest part , because suppliers have other customers and small orders won't go to the top of the pile. Then ... as soon as they arrive they'll need more and the wait starts again. The gathering of perfect quality controlled components is very hard. 50% of some products are returned. Just that one item is stopping production and imagine problems with many many parts. It's a nightmare. The Jotagas boss (ex GG boss) rolls his eyes with dismay and regards production as very hard and he's been doing it since 1980.

If you have enough staff (cash) then you can employ staff to order and chase ... but if the factory manager is also responsible for stock ordering and chasing ... it all grinds to a halt and you become abundantly aware of the size of the task.

Trs will be dalm good bikes and they will get bikes here to sell, but this is why there are delays .

Edited by gasgas249uk
  • Like 2

I know the situation and have said it. The importer does as well, because the bikes are not here.

It's the elephant in the room.

Everyone in business likes to keep things upbeat and talk of Delays isn't that.

I think this is most of the reason ... but there is more

There should be press releases once a month. People would be happy with that .That's what is normal. People would know what's happening :).

• Like 2

Great news to get the marque in the headlines , but the plan was ,as i was told by boss to send 3 prototypes out to the corners of the earth (Inc UK) , test them , obtain feedback , modify over a few months and then start production.

Given that the proto deliveries have not happened and that production is infinitely harder than making a few bikes to test and that the UK importers above delivery date has past I suspect we are in for a long wait before we see any bikes to buy.

Either

A - they will continue as planned above

Or

B - they will skip sending the 3 bikes out for local evaluation

My guess , is B. The financier will want income , despite any reassurances we might hear .... This will be the case. The importers will also be wanting the sales.

Production is the hardest part , because suppliers have other customers and small orders won't go to the top of the pile. Then ... as soon as they arrive they'll need more and the wait starts again. The gathering of perfect quality controlled components is very hard. 50% of some products are returned. Just that one item is stopping production and imagine problems with many many parts. It's a nightmare. The Jotagas boss (ex GG boss) rolls his eyes with dismay and regards production as very hard and he's been doing it since 1980.

If you have enough staff (cash) then you can employ staff to order and chase ... but if the factory manager is also responsible for stock ordering and chasing ... it all grinds to a halt and you become abundantly aware of the size of the task.

Trs will be dalm good bikes and they will get bikes here to sell, but this is why there are delays .

So you are just speculating?