Montesa 200 Cota Kickstart

sprite125cc

With great difficulty, I am struggling with mine currently, i have replaced pawl, idler gear, springs etc, but can't get the correct tension. Been told that you do it after the cover is fitted, but no tried that way yet, attempted the way that allows the slot in the shaft to be in the correct position for kickstart bolt with cover not fitted for visual purposes, the small pawl needs to be at its narrowest point on the cam where it picks up the the deflector piece that is screwed into the inner casing when tensioning, been at it weeks, works, then slips through after 6-7 kicks, hope we get a solution!!

I get what you mean,Zero and it works fine for 6-7 kicks, then slips through so I have to repeat the process. Do you do yours with clutch cover off or on? Meaning do you tension then fit cover, or fit cover and then tension Zero??

Montes a 200cota kick start.i have just got the bike but rode one in the 80s so can't just remember yesterday never mind then .its an age thing.has anyone removed 2 clutch springs to make clutch lighter if so how do I do it as I have not got a manual .thanks for your help sprite 125 cc.

Montes a 200cota kick start.i have just got the bike but rode one in the 80s so can't just remember yesterday never mind then .its an age thing.has anyone removed 2 clutch springs to make clutch lighter if so how do I do it as I have not got a manual .thanks for your help sprite 125 cc.

I have a parts manual if you need sprite125cc

Hi,

It is just the parts manual, they didn't do a Owners / Maintenance manual as such back in the day, I do however have a photocopy of a Cota 123 Repair manual, but it is in French, the 123 was very similar to the 200 engine wise, albeit with slight obvious differences if you would like me to email?

Cheers,

Mark

Hi is it just a parts manual or does it show how to set the engine up .if it does can you let me have a contact no.many thanks .