Fueling Problem

seanjersey

Having a problem with my Gas Gas 2050txt pro, first noticed it on our local 2 day where we have quite a bit of road work . In top gear bike would cut out but would start again on first kick , no problems on sections though. This week went through the bike, cleaned fuel tank filter, dismantled and cleaned carb . Yesterday problem was even worse with bike cutting out mid section, also a couple of times kicked and started bike , open throttle and bike dies (3 times in a row). Looking for any suggestions

One of mine did the same. I found that the fuel tap developed a fault. The seal behind the lever locates on a peg. The seal would turn slightly when the tap was turned to on/reserve, this partly blocked the fuel ports in the tap causing fuel starvation. Strip, clean and lube with grease suitable for rubber (brake sesl grease). Check fuel flow from tank by pulling hose from carb till about a litre has drained. Could also be blocked tank vent, tap filter, carb filter (dellorto). Failing all that, strip / clean carb check float and shut off needle condition, adjustment and function.

Just re-read your post and see you have tried some of the above. If it has or develops the same fault try tapping the float bowl with a screwdriver handle. If it cures the float may be sticking. I recently drilled out the blank carb vent opposite the one already vented on the carb body following a post on this site. This was to try and cure a fault similar to yours which occasionally happened when charging up hills, usually these had a kick up bump on the way up. So far it's worked. I have one overflow pipe routed up and one down.

Edited by sirdabalot
  • Like 1

Hi, I had the same issue and found that the routing of the fuel hose was my problem. The bend was a

bit tight and due the walls of the hose not being firm enough, when the hose got hot/warm it kinked

slowing down fuel flow. I only noticed it when at higher revs. When I got home of course the hose

cooled and regained it original shape. Possibly not your problem but thought I'd throw it out there.

Cheers Taff

I would be re-checking the carb, fuel lines, and tank fuel shut off.

The last time I had an issue like this it was fuel not getting to the carb and pulled the carb to not find anything. Turned out to be the tanks shut off. One time before that it was plugged vent lines.

Best of luck.

Edited by jonnyc21