Normandale Series / Aircooled Series

turbo

Am I also correct in saying the over 50 class in the Normandale  series now has to ride 50/50 course ,i.e. half main route ,half eased route ? . fine but wonder what the thinking was on this ? probably be a lot of old gits struggling now (including me ! ).  

I hear the over 40's ride a hard route, Over 60's an easier route and the over 50's do a 50/50 of the 2 routes.  

Just to clarify the Normandale series. It is for three classes, Over 40, Over 50 and Over 60 on any machine the rider chooses. It is recommended that the organising clubs have two routes. Over 40 would ride the harder route, over 50s a mix of the harder and easier routes and over 60s the easier route. However, some clubs (Lancs County MCC is one) have in the past chosen to have one route for everyone, which is OK as long as the clerk of the course sets it out sensibly, taking into account that a 69 year old rider is likely to be less able than a 40 year old.

I created the British Bike Championship which was converted into the Sammy Miller series and ran the series for just short of fourteen years.

There were NEVER multiple routes, we NEVER had a serious injury, we NEVER had a tie to resolve a winner - and we had an age span of 16 to 75 as riders.  The riders ages were known simply because we had a simple universal tie-break for all places except a class win that gave the place to the older rider.

BUT we did have comprehensive machine eligibility that was rigidly maintained.

And sadly those standards have been allowed to slip and can never be applied again.

Just to clarify the Normandale series. It is for three classes, Over 40, Over 50 and Over 60 on any machine the rider chooses. It is recommended that the organising clubs have two routes. Over 40 would ride the harder route, over 50s a mix of the harder and easier routes and over 60s the easier route. However, some clubs (Lancs County MCC is one) have in the past chosen to have one route for everyone, which is OK as long as the clerk of the course sets it out sensibly, taking into account that a 69 year old rider is likely to be less able than a 40 year old.

Shame John Dickerson did this Normandale article in this weeks TMX & web page !!  http://www.tmxnews.co.uk/news/latest-news-s3/Trials-Torque-Ready-To-Rumble-i11517