Over 50

colin44

A friend recently had a Beta 125.  The engine response was surprisingly quick, quicker than my 250 rev3.   It started easily, had nice suspension and handled well.  He did better on it than on his previous 250.  It did not have much of a flywheel so he said it does take more use of the clutch.  It also felt very light and easy to ride.      

The 200 has most of those attributes but does not need the clutching.  Better all round for an old guy (I'm even older).

Look at it this way - the 125 is designed to propel youngsters who weigh nothing up vertical faces at peak revs, the 200 is developed specifically for the British "clubman".

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

I will be an OAP in a few weeks been riding a 200 beta for the past year or so and am very impressed rides like a 125 but with almost 250 like power find it a lot less tiring to ride than my old 250 (important at my age)  and capable of more than I am!

Had a 125 Pro nice and light a Rev 3 125 felt better suspension wise now ride a little Scorpa tysf 125 which i prefer out of all 3 just put a big bore kit extra 25cc lol still down to 1 gear in most sections,But seams to find grip,picks up from tickover,just when you think it's gonna stall.and i'm 16 stone and 66yrs young.

Edited by bilks

That's why i dropped from a Beta rev 3 250 even with flywheel weight slow action throttle,geared down.still got away from me sometimes.might be my age and slow reactions.but 99% of the sections i have no problems with my 125 lol