What Sort Of Coolant Or Antifreeze?

stpauls

I now only use water and thus corrosion and debris free coolant, too many issues with internal corrosion and gunked debris in radiators, caps and water pump houses in old bikes got me to this decision.

You might me call Bohemian but do I care about the costs no. It might be twice expensive but the small amount you need and a debris and corrosion free future is nice.

I always round up all the half drunk bottles of water from mine and the mrs car and keep them for filling the bikes up, mixed with coolant of coarse.

I agree to an extent about supporting the trials dealers, If you are ordering other parts it's not too bad but if you have to pay postage on a litre of antifreeze is bloody dear.

Problem is trials dealers don't make much out of oils and consumables, It's the manufactures that are raking it in.

I don't think twice about handing over hundreds for parts and bling, but chucking money down the drain on products I can buy cheaper is a fools game.

• Like 1

Honestly, I do not use enough in the trials application to justify a gallon or 5L just for that purpose.

I brought a jug home ten years ago and half is still there! I am now wondering if it is safe to use?

A trials bike prolly takes a pint to fill, and when you take that in half with the water mix it is not much.

The corrosion inhibitors in the stuff is what wears out over time, but does is decay in its original package? I am no chemist and have never heard about this issue but all coolants are life limited when in use.