4Rt Repsol Brakes.

caddy4u

Nightmare, the bike has been going so well (2015 repsol), and yesterday I spent about an hour playing in a beck with a muddy banking. I then washed it and dried it and put it to bed. Came back from sixth form today to ride it, started fine (obviously) but both brakes are rubbish! Squealing like mad and taking ages to stop! Any help/advice welcome please guys! TIA

You'll have to try it.
Just hot enough so "steam" comes off the disc when you pour water on them.

One can also take out the pads out, and clean them with a wire brush and brake cleaner. But put the pads in the same place back.

After washing the bike, I always go for a little ride applying the brakes until they're dry and work properly to prevent such problems.

This also prevents corrosion of other parts like the chain, engine parts etc.

Edited by guys
  • Like 1

Volvic water is best.

I'm an Evian kinda guy. :hyper:

Seriously, if those pads are contaminated, boil them on the bike as described above or remove them and boil them in a pan on the hob.

I'm so tightfisted I could be a Scottish Yorkshireman from Israel :blink:

• Like 2

+1 for boil them, works great!

I start the hose or get a bucket ready, then ride the bike for a short spin with a short amount of pressure on the levers to heat them up.  Maybe 30 or 45 seconds or riding?  Then port the water on the pads to get them to steam.  I do this maybe 2 or 3 times in a row and 99% of the time they start working great after that.  

Best of luck and here it is the disclaimer... This is what I do I don't clam it will work for you, your mileage may vary, try at your own risk...  :unsure:

Good luck!   :thumbup: