Classic Racing....

spen

• 2 weeks later...

Spen

I used to go in to Andy Bones quite a bit in 1972, and they were well into racing then. They had a 50cc Itom at that time, but I remember they were doing a race kit for that Garelli engine in yours, consisting of a big alloy barrel, piston and head, and an expansion chamber which Ray Pettet made for them.

Happy days mate. Ray Pettit, there's a name from the past, top class metalworker.

• Like 1

Love the Garelli, i always think a nice classic 50 would look lovely in my sitting room,. Not sure my girlfriend would agree though. I can imagine those 50's must be a nightmare to ride with their very narrow powerbands.

Me at CRMC round at Snetterton a few years ago. The shame!

post-15636-0-71406400-1456140861_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, being somewhat over ambitious on a cold tyre, not too many left handers on the 200 circuit. I think it would count as a five.

I have to say the CRMC paddock is full of a very friendly and helpful group of people.

These days I do rather enjoy being able to load the car in fifteen minutes, drive 45 minutes to a trial, arrive an hour before the start, spend all morning riding and being back early afternoon rather than the huge logistical endeavour and long duration away for short track time involved with circuit racing. I have a lot of respect for those that commit such time and effort to get on track.

Good luck for the season ahead.

Unfortunately, I think it’s the easy life for me now.

• Like 1

Perhaps, although there are so many people in the CRMC paddock, a very well supported club. The bike is a K4 and i bought it from a chap in your neck of the woods, it was actually stored at NRP when i bought it and i got D & M to check it over. I had very little road bike experience before i started and wanted to give it a go before i got too old. I started off parading to get experience, My race transporter was a green 7.5ton horsebox.

I would still like to go back to it in the future, maybe when i have a little more time. Tentatively i have a 370 Bultaco part engine and Pursang frame that one day (probably never) i would like to build as a TSS replica which would not really be a good bike eligibility wise but maybe a good parade bike.

Yes that's him, I can't say that i really know Nigel though, i met him a couple of times and obviously visited his shop, he does some really nice work and gets some fabulous bikes to work on.

.... and some of mine too........ :hyper: