British Uk Championship

as iow

While i agree that (all) B championship events should be run to the same rules as the World championship, there is one small problem. If you let riders stop in the sections, you need a time limit. This in turn needs one or two people to do this, now bearing in mind how hard it is to get observers in this country, how would we get time keepers for every section? At the British GP there was about 5 to a section, now if we could manage that at every B championship trial great, but in reality you won't :) . Untill the ACU or someone gets off it's ass and employs someone to promote trials in the media and the public eye, we will never get the mass interest in our sport that it deserves.

As iow, I have a slightly different viewpoint on your comments, (john shirt's). For my reckoning, TV coverage would promote the sport by increasing rider numbers. But, it will fall short of attracting any extra officials in the numbers you are suggesting. Yes, maybe a handful of extra officials would become available, but they would be needed to man sections that most local clubs find it difficult to have one observer per a 20-section trial. My slightly different viewpoint is this, MX events have TV coverage and they find it difficult to attract adequate officials, so how would the ACU over come this? The question I would ask is: How do Moto GP (road racing) events attract so many trackside officials?

Edited by spud

Thanks Dabster. I see now.

I personally think "no stop" is better than "stop allowed" but observers would become very scarce though.(its easier to give a 1 for stopping than a 5)

The last couple of years have been pretty quiet on the observing front. Running trials under both non stop and stop allowed rules seems to have stopped most of the moaning about observing rules that went on a few years ago.

Just because world rounds are run under a different doesn't mean its the right way. I think its them who should change rules back to what we have in Britain.

For us to move to their rules would not be good. Timekeepers may not be that hard to arrange for British champ rounds but then surely other trials would have to follow suit which would be extremely difficult to sort out.

Mark T

Guest Scottie

Hearing all sorts of rumours about the championship class and the ones who will not be riding. Even the experts this year were poorly attended, changing to the WC rules might put even more riders off.

Don't think a change in rules would put the youngsters off, if its such an elite few that ride and it doesn't affect the rest of us let them have the rules they want, have a vote? Interestingly enough there was not much mention of it at the ACU trials forum and it is apparently the reason Doug no longer ride in it.

Don't think a change in rules would put the youngsters off, if its such an elite few that ride and it doesn't affect the rest of us let them have the rules they want, have a vote? Interestingly enough there was not much mention of it at the ACU trials forum and it is apparently the reason Doug no longer ride in it.

What one rule for them another rule for a different group and so on...... :D

Yes pretty much like it is in the yorkshire centre at the moment and then theres the British classic championship, sammy champs, the SSDT  Reeth 3 day and the choice that all clubs have of no stop or not?

The point you are making here is?... Did you know that in the UK, TSR22 A and B has been widely known as the main ruling for off-road motorcycle trials?

Can you advise the rules the above championships you refer to are running under?

It is about time we had 1 rule and 1 rule only.

Whatever that rule may be.

If it is 22a where a stop is penalised a 1 so be it.

Maybe give Scott, SSDT special dispensation.

My club ran a trial last year under FIM rules.

All we had to do was ask permission from the ACU.

You dont play a football match on Saturday

with 12 ft wide goals then make em 10 ft on Sunday!

The ACU is the UKs governing body, the FIM the

International governing body, so lets follow them I say.

Remember the ACU is a UNION.

If you have an opinion/suggestion let your club/centre know.

The centre delegates can then have YOUR say at ACU meetings etc.

Observing can be difficult at the moment as truly you can forget

what rules a particular trial is run under.

(at some time during the trial a rider will soon remind you tho)

If a rider who has entered the trial has to ask the observer

what rules it is WELL !!!

But the riders dont read regs/entry forms do they?

To all riders/spectators etc that complain about the standard

of observing in the UK,

GET OF THI ASS AND DO SOME OBSERVING.

Flak jacket on and hiding under desk !

look its a free country and its up to the promoter/club what rules they want to run - as long as they tell the riders in advance

if you force everyone to run by one set of rules then these that don't like will just go AMCA and the "union" will be less useful!

rabie :D