New 4Rt Owner

mark h

My first 'proper' ride on the new 4RT at Exmoor M.C. tomorrow; after having run in last weekend....

Suspension set up, 9T front, 46T rear, X-lite front, IRC rear, oils and filters changed......

Can't wait to make some noise........

9/46? you might want to check if the trial has a finish time. Best of luck though, that gearing is incredibly low if correct?

• Like 1

9/46...... it's all about personal preference isn't it?......

IRC's, been running them for years at down to 2.5lbs when required, never had a problem on any rim. 'Duck tape' modification is all that is required....

Yes it is I suppose but that is incredibly low. I couldn't keep an IRC on my rims no matter what I tried.

• Like 1

I pick mine up next week, the "300".  I'm wondering about the re-intro curve, though I was not advanced when I stopped 5 years ago.  I figured the Montesa would be an easy to live with step back in, with ease of starting, quieter (neighbors, and houses near riding areas), etc,  

A few weeks of riding, I'll have a good idea.  Hopefully the experiment / expensive risk will turn out positive. 

• Like 3