Armstrong Cmt 310

swampystu

Hello again

Been offered a 1984 Armstrong cmt 310 in OK condition and OK price. What do people think of these? What's it like getting parts for it? I know it's missing fuel cap and side stand, but at some point will want to restore her can you get plastics? Couldn't see much on eBay

I won't pretend to know much about these bikes, but I have read  that Steve Saunders preferred the Hiro over the Rotax motor back in the day, and we know he was one of the masters at finding traction where others struggled.

I won't pretend to know much about these bikes, but I have read that Steve Saunders preferred the Hiro over the Rotax motor back in the day, and we know he was one of the masters at finding traction where others struggled.

Steve was quoted in saying he didn't like the Rotax motor because it was to heavy, then moved to a 4 stroke Honda !!

No not really.

I don't think for a clubman the RTL was as easy to ride as the air cooled yam. But it was light years ahead of a hiro or rotax engined twin shock Armstrong. I doubt that the mono Armstrong was anywhere near as good as the Honda