Ahrma Trials At Unadilla's Mx Rewind

gordo

There will be an ahrma Trials at Unadilla's MX Rewind June 10th. There will also be a non ahrma points class for Post 79 Air-cooled trials bikes with drum brakes and twin shocks just like last year. So bring your Can Am's, TLR's, Fantic's SWM's and others, compete just like everyone else, and get a trophy for your efforts.
Also need help with checking. So if you can bring a friend, they can get in free on Friday, as long as I have their first and last names a week or two prior to the event.
Contact me here or email me at: gabrennan@sbcglobal.net

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Unadilla is an AHRMA event. AHRMA does not recognize post 79 bikes in their Trials program. The 1st year I set it up, I made the trophies for the Post Vintage class. Last year and this year Unadilla is supplying the trophies. We're doing this as a special addition to the Trials to help promote the Post 79 twin shock bikes.
"Why no points for post 79 twin shocks" There has never been points for Post 79 Twin Shocks with AHRMA. This is nothing new.
Getting treated like everyone else is the whole reason we're doing this for the Post 79 bikes. Re-read the original post.
"Sorry for the rant". I don't even know what your rant is. As far as I know Unadilla is the only event that does this. You travel to the event, you pay like everyone else, you get scored like everyone else and you might get a trophy like anyone else might.

Unadilla is an AHRMA event. AHRMA does not recognize post 79 bikes in their Trials program. The 1st year I set it up, I made the trophies for the Post Vintage class. Last year and this year Unadilla is supplying the trophies. We're doing this as a special addition to the Trials to help promote the Post 79 twin shock bikes.

"Why no points for post 79 twin shocks" There has never been points for Post 79 Twin Shocks with AHRMA. This is nothing new.

Getting treated like everyone else is the whole reason we're doing this for the Post 79 bikes. Re-read the original post.

"Sorry for the rant". I don't even know what your rant is. As far as I know Unadilla is the only event that does this. You travel to the event, you pay like everyone else, you get scored like everyone else and you might get a trophy like anyone else might.

In the past (and some current) people were upset with AHRMA and their post vintage strategy when it comes to trials. Looks like you guys have a pretty good alternative here. I will try and send my dad John out there again for some setup help. He enjoyed doing it last year. 

At the end of the day its riding a trials bike and who ever allows me to do that regardless of the organization is alright by me. Thanks for your hard work.

--Biff

Gordo, first let me apologize. I don't like to be a complainer. You as an organizer are the backbone of our sport. So thank you for your efforts. AHRMA organizers all over the country are doing what you do, including the post 79's.  It's the right thing to do. we all know it.

My problem is with AHRMA. They take your money but refuse to give you points and Vintage recognition for your bikes. I have tried to get them to include post 79 Twin Shock bikes. I have spoken with the top people there.  They refuse to budge and without good reason. They have hurt vintage trials in America. A recent AHRMA trials here had nine riders. There used to be 50+entries.

Again I apologize for being a whiner. I hope your event is a success. Biff is right. Just ride and have fun. If I were closer I would attend.

TS

PS it still bugs me that a 36 year old bike is considered "Post Vintage" by AHRMA.
Edited by twinshocked

Gordo, first let me apologize. I don't like to be a complainer. You as an organizer are the backbone of our sport. So thank you for your efforts. AHRMA organizers all over the country are doing what you do, including the post 79's. It's the right thing to do. we all know it.

My problem is with AHRMA. They take your money but refuse to give you points and Vintage recognition for your bikes. I have tried to get them to include post 79 Twin Shock bikes. I have spoken with the top people there. They refuse to budge and without good reason. They have hurt vintage trials in America. A recent AHRMA trials here had nine riders. There used to be 50+entries.

Again I apologize for being a whiner. I hope your event is a success. Biff is right. Just ride and have fun. If I were closer I would attend.

TS

PS it still bugs me that a 36 year old bike is considered "Post Vintage" by AHRMA.

Bugs me too.

--Biff

• 1 month later...

The Trials at Unadilla went very well. 22 riders signed up and all had smiles on their faces, including the checkers. It was a beautiful day all the way around. Several ahrma class riders went home with some hardware, as well as a couple PV Fantics that were recognized for their efforts also. Thanks to all who took advantage of a wonderful weekend at Unadilla!

Gordo, first let me apologize. I don't like to be a complainer. You as an organizer are the backbone of our sport. So thank you for your efforts. AHRMA organizers all over the country are doing what you do, including the post 79's.  It's the right thing to do. we all know it.

My problem is with AHRMA. They take your money but refuse to give you points and Vintage recognition for your bikes. I have tried to get them to include post 79 Twin Shock bikes. I have spoken with the top people there.  They refuse to budge and without good reason. They have hurt vintage trials in America. A recent AHRMA trials here had nine riders. There used to be 50+entries.

TS

Ahrma is not very progressive, and sees trials as a thorn in it`s side. That was why we started Mountain West Vintage Trials. This year Itsa recognized the TY80 class, because our ty 80 team could outride almost all the riders in the other classes. No one likes to get beat by a mini-bike. Randy_zpscbtf2kzn.jpg

• Like 2

Ahrma is not very progressive, and sees trials as a thorn in it`s side. That was why we started Mountain West Vintage Trials.

Yet AHRMA continues to have trials year after. I agree that AHRMA could use a class adjustment. What's great about AHRMA is that it exposes different riders from different disciplines to the sport of trials and trials riders to other sports. What stinks about AHRMA is lack of class diversityband expansion along with the cost. If itsa could organize the other disciplines with the passion they have for trials then it would be ideal but it's not that way. There is no best case here and calling one worse than the other doesn't do either one any good. Hope both the AHRMA and ITSA riders have fun in their events.

--Biff

I have spoken to Bob many times regarding ITSA and AHRMA. Unfortunately for me, living in New England, neither organization comes close to this part of the country. Everything seems to be South East or Mid West. There are no Vintage organizations close to me. We have about 5 to 7 riders on Vintage bikes who ride NETA, a Modern bike Trials organization. We have a blast riding the Novice B line, and some riding Senior C, set up for Modern bikes. Just recently, they instituted a V gate where the Trialsmaster makes a decision to avoid a B gate he thinks might be too much for a Vintage bike. So far, so good. Usually, there are only one or two sections per Trial where this system is being used, usually where there is a steep ledge climb or drop off after or before a sharp turn. This is working out great, and I applaud the organizers for thinking of our small minority when  setting up the sections.

• Like 2

I participated at Unadilla and was surprised by the small size of the trials field. I agree with the earlier sentiments that it is unfortunate AHRMA is unwilling change to allow more old bikes in their trials events. At Unadilla, there were at least half a dozen TLR200's being ridden around.  I contacted Debbie Poole (AHRMA trials coordinator) and suggested that some of these bikes might have entered had the rules allowed them. Haven't heard back.

I don't understand why the window of what is "historic" isn't periodically be adjusted to reflect the passage of time. My understand is that this happened in MX and now the "post vintage" classes surpass the others in participation.  Certainly, parts availability and the increasing rarity (and cost) of vintage MX bikes drove the decision to do "post vintage".  AHRMA needs to do the same for trials.

Kudos to Gordon for all the work designing the sections and organizing the event. It was big fun for all.

• 3 weeks later...