'06 4rt

gizza5

Sandifords web site news article posted 30/9/05 reported the new '06 model would be in the dealers in 3 to 4 weeks, which is 3rd or 4th week in October :)

Now it is 1st week in November and still no news.

Anyone got any gossip they want to tell me, as my bike for part ex has been prepped to hand to the dealer for 2 weeks now, and still no news :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am a patient person, but I know of people who have ordered from dealers and are already fed up of waiting, having sold their old bikes. JL, JS and NB could be reeping the benefits for anyone anxious enough to get their hands on a 2006 model.

So spill the beans if you've heard owt :D;)

same as last year im afraid , but with a few 05s and repsols about at the same time the 06 was never going to be out early!

to be fair the other importers are giving hefty discounts on unsold 05s and all that does is kill used prices .

residuals are good on the 4rt so im not complaining .

im waiting too by the way :)

Well Lads

I'm in the same position as yourself , sold my bike 2 weeks after manx 2 day and been without since :ph34r: Contacted dealer last week and he had a repsol in stock for about a month so i said if the 06 wasn't here i'd buy the repsol ....but he'd sold it , Bummer . But good news was that 06's will be here this week , Happy Days are on the way !!! :D:o

Let me know what you think when yours arrives

Thanks

I'm surprised that nobody is talking about buying the repsol. Here in Sweden you get more bang for your buck if you take the repsol. The HRC ECU (which is included in the repsol) costs more, if you buy it separately, than the money you spend extra to get the repsol instead of the standard 4rt AND you get extra carbon bits. :ph34r:

btw my repsol replica should be here in about 3 weeks :D

I'm surprised that nobody is talking about buying the repsol. Here in Sweden you get more bang for your buck if you take the repsol. The HRC ECU (which is included in the repsol) costs more, if you buy it separately, than the money you spend extra to get the repsol instead of the standard 4rt AND you get extra carbon bits. :D

Just wondering... how does the programmable ECU affect normal riding? Afaik it comes with the same program the default one does. Soo.. how are you able to finetune the injection (timing?) without proper tools? You cant just make adjustments, and then take a ride "ooooh it's so much bettar..." Or is it just a ECU which has a few diffrent programs which you can choose from?

And has anyone tried out the 280cc bigbore kit available from mitani? The 4RT has plenty of power for my needs... but.. :ph34r:

You can adjust the timing and fuel freely. And yes you can take a laptop with you and adjust while your riding. If you screw up you can always go back to the default setting. There is only one guy here in Sweden who has the adjustable ECU, and he has added about 10% more fuel then default, don't know about the timing, and the bike is super smooth on low revs. I can give you more info when I get my repsol :ph34r:

I also wonder about the 280cc bigbore kit, would be massive to ride as I always liked bigbore bikes.

You can adjust the timing and fuel freely. And yes you can take a laptop with you and adjust while your riding. If you screw up you can always go back to the default setting. There is only one guy here in Sweden who has the adjustable ECU, and he has added about 10% more fuel then default, don't know about the timing, and the bike is super smooth on low revs. I can give you more info when I get my repsol  :ph34r:

I also wonder about the 280cc bigbore kit, would be massive to ride as I always liked bigbore bikes.

Yeah ok. What I meant was that it isn't really ideal to just "testride" the bike after making changes, you should measure the difference, to really see what works, ie lambda sensor, exhaust temperature, and a dyno.

The complete bigbore kit was around 950

Picked mine up last weekend, only had a couple of hours on it last weekend so waited to have a proper play :lol: before I give judgement.

I have probably had most bikes from most manufacturers, and I would say the '06 range are all pretty damn good. It's a matter of choice and probably boils down to looks, colour etc. etc etc.

Reason for me buying a Mont is I really fancied a 4 stroke, Ok there was the thought of me not being able to ride it better than my 2 stroke and the extra

I can only agreee with GIZZA5 :) ,I collected my 06 4RT Thursday :rolleyes::unsure: and i hoped to get a decent spin on Saturday before club trial today but didn't manage it all I got was about half hour at home, so it was straight in at the deep end . I took it fairly handy for the first lap and then started to get a feel for it.....and it was smiles all the way to the finish.

Super smooth power helped by a superb light throttle,fantastic suspension and handling & cracking exhaust note !!! :lol:

Buy one if you fancy it , you wont be dissapointed.

By the way , when I collected mine there were 2 plastic covers on either side of the rear spindle covering the nuts , Are these just transport packing or are they there to do a job ? Anyone know .

By the way I lost one today !!!