Inter Center Twinshock Team Trial

pitley

I mentioned it to our centre steward when they ran the first pre65 inter-centre. Asked about having a t/s class in it as well, or the possibility of a t/s event but it got nowhere. I would love to see it happen and I can see no reason why it shouldn't be well supported.

Have you already had thoughts about this then Pitley and how to get the ball rolling?

PS - Are you going to the Classic Experts on Saturday? Riding? Watching? If riding what are you on?

• 2 years later...

June 15th = Doncaster Cup - to say not one of my favourite events is an understatement. Their record of providing suitably challenging sections for twinshocks and Pre65 in previous years as part of the Classic championship is not the best.

After hearing that such an event was in the making I was assuming it would be an event on it's own. However, with other clubs efforts to run dedicated (high profile) twinshock events in the past not receiving the level of support from riders you would expect, I can understand caution being exercised on how to introduce such an event.

BUT it's a start. If there is to be an Inter-Centre twinshock event it has to start somewhere and this is it.

So, two things need to happen to make it a success. Firstly, teams have to support it by entering and showing there is sufficient interest to have an event like this. Secondly, The organising club needs to ensure that the sections provide a sufficient challenge for the solos.

I've not heard anything about the format but hopefully it will include 2 routes like the Pre65 event. If so it will open it up to more riders of differing abilities and give those riders what they want in terms of an event. If people enjoy the event they are more likely to support it in subsequent years and with enough support it can hopefully run as a standalone event rather than as support to another. The Pre65 Inter-Centre is very well supported, with the right kind of event hopefully a twinshock version can too.

There are enough people on this forum talking twinshocks, visiting the off-road classic show viewing/buying them, and plenty of people buying bikes and twinshock parts off ebay. So now is a chance to ride them in an event - what they were designed for after all

generally the Doncaster cups is one of the easier classic rounds so in my

opinion this should be just right for a twinshock TEAM trial,and not a hard

but challenging classic champ round like the last weather affected pre65

team trial !

• 2 weeks later...

Aye john ageed.

Normally inter center events are run towards the end of season.

Be better run october, november in my opinion.

Perhaps after the first event is a success then hopefully it will find a place in the calender with no big clash.

Edited by pitley