Gaunt Suzuki

john b

Interesting, I'll look forward to seeing it out and about.

Question is whether it's a genuine Gaunt produced bike or a later copy as one or two did crop up. A genuine one (from 1967/8) would almost certainly have a history of being road registered. Does this one have the "double" gearbox, with three high and three low ratios controlled by a lever on top of the casing? One more point is that the bikes were 118cc originally but were modded to 128cc using a Super Six piston.

Thanks for the reply

its advertised as a 128cc but unchecked.

Ive bought on a bit of a risk unseen and was wondering about road registred, but to be honest was a cheap bike.

bit of tinkering and my son will probably try it out in a couple of easy trials

cheers

John

Cheers ! I have the "too many bikes" scenario - but couldn't resist it- price wise (presume you know off ebay !) I thought was good

Not actually got it yet, when I have and get sorted I'll stick some pics on. Hopefully as described engine is good, just needs a bit of tinkering !

Cheers

John

• Like 1

One magazine article said the 3 man '68 SSDT team had one red, one blue & one bronze bike.

The following thread mentions several colours:

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/47920-gaunt-suzuki/?hl=%2Bgaunt+%2Bsuzuki

But remember that Alta-Suzukis, Taylor-Suzukis & McLaren-Suzukis are often confused with the Gaunt-Suzukis & assumed to be the latter.

If you google-images B100P/B105P (bearcat) you'll see most of the original models came in black or red but there were some green and some blue also.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just finished the rebuild - was a bit more than "oiling the cables " as described ! But didn't cost a lot - reused a lot of bits and pieces from the garage , only major items bought some new shocks . Try it out soon !

Cheers

John

post-79-0-08773800-1482946708_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...