Tr280i Diagnostic Software

ricarvar

The COM port matches, plus have previously tried bridging blue & green but still no luck.  I think I am running out of variables to try, so may need to ponder this and try again later.  Thanks all for your kind input.

BTW - my bike is a 2015 TRi 300 with my old 2012 Explorer plastics, tank & seat on it.  Like my other bikes it gets a good pampering to keep it in new condition and operating as best as it possibly can.

5 hours ago, kiwishaun said:

The COM port matches, plus have previously tried bridging blue & green but still no luck.  I think I am running out of variables to try, so may need to ponder this and try again later.  Thanks all for your kind input.

BTW - my bike is a 2015 TRi 300 with my old 2012 Explorer plastics, tank & seat on it.  Like my other bikes it gets a good pampering to keep it in new condition and operating as best as it possibly can.

Does your 300 have the Termi exhaust?   I have not tried fitting my Explorer subframe on my 300 factory to see if it clears the exhaust or not.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, I'm watching as you all arrive at a solution for this communication issue. I'm not the most computer literate so, really just haven't had anything to contribute.

Fingers crossed that you solve it. 

"not to stray too far off topic but I just have to comment on how spotlessly clean kiwishauns Ossa is" 

I was thinking he must be working on a new bike.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just an update.

I received the new FTDI serial TTL-232 USB Cable over the weekend and grafted the terminal plug from one of my earlier failed FTDI cables and plugged it into my TRi300.  It works !

See attached photo's.

Thanks.

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

P.S. - grind of the locking tab on the female half body.  This reduces the pressure when trying to detach the diagnostic cable from the bikes connector plug.  And when detaching always pull on the connector plug not the wires which are very delicate.