Sherco 2006

n.wales_sherco_lad1

Woohooo. Got the results of the trial I rode last week and on my first time out on the 06, 290, I got my first win this season!! Beating Desperado on the way!! I only got it the day before the trial as well :P

It is sooooo much better than my old 290 I had before the 4T. Very smooth power delivery and the suspension feels like it will absorb any shock you throw at it. Very happy with it I highly recommend you 03,04 & 05 riders to get yourself a go on one. I don

Had enough of that fourstroke then Ian ? I thought you guys were for life?

I loved the bike but if only it would consistently start :D I had it quite good at the end after a carb change etc but sometimes it would still be a bitch so enough is enough. The 2t starts first time every kick .. Blissss :P

• 3 weeks later...

:D Had my Sherco 125cc about 2 weeks ok but cold weather making it run like a pig

lowered needle by one notch that was after turning it upside down and pumping fuel out of crankcase (turn fuel off when not using it.)

will give it a good blast round tomorrow (run out of daylight)

• 3 weeks later...

:D Can anyone answer me a very simple question reguarding

the 2006 bikes all the press etc keeps saying that the

new bikes are 2 killo lighter than last years bikes

now i have checked the sherco web site and accorrding

to that they are the same as my 03 bike. So the question

is whos kidding who!!!!!!!!!

Have rode the 06 bike think its brill!!!! cant wait to

get one

I have both a 290 Sherco and a Gas Gas 280 pro as far as replacement parts are concerned the Sherco is way at the top only needing consumables.As for the Gasser it has had clutch, brake , gearbox problems mostly sorted but for the gearbox get it up into 4th and it wont go down just hits neutral! you have to stop the engine and change up and down until it clears and theres always the clunk into higher gears.

But in conclusion they are both totally diferent to ride, but both just as good. When riding the Gasser i am constantly waiting for something to go wrong.

My son who is 12 always rides the Sherco when we are riding together as the Gasser is just to powerfull at the bottom end wheras the Sherco is smooth and easier to ride.

post-1878-1136738094.jpg

post-1878-1136738627.jpg

Edited by Scrappington