Montesa 4rt

montesa4rt

This is a message to Honda Montesa:

Is there any news about Montesa/Honda developing the 4rt ?

It appears there are no changes planned for the 2018 bike, which effectively is a 2005 design tweaked over the years. Dont get me wrong, i love my 4rt and my 2017 feels the best yet.

(i've had a 4rt since 2005, Ive now had 7 in total over the years)

However, I get the feeling Montesa / Honda have no plans to develope the 4rt, nothing seems to be comming to the general public back from the factroy bikes or riders.

Please Can you reduce the weight of the bike by 2 or 3 kg and reduce the projection of the air box becacuse i rub through the air box side cover.

Personally I think the frame needs a re work I think the engine is mega , if you look at other makes they haven’t progressed massively either in the same amount of time , the gas gas pro engine for example is basically the same one that came out in 2002 , yes it’s been improved a lot but the basics are the same and the beta evo engine isn’t a major step forward from the Rev 3 engine , like I said before though both makes frame and suspension set ups have changed and improved a lot and that’s where Montesa need to up their game , but as the old saying goes if it ain’t broke don’t fix it 

• Like 1

I agree, the 4rt is a great bike.

However, it needs to loose 3kg and there are planty of examples where, for example the steering lock and bulky bits on the frame associated with the steering lock. The exhaust can be much lighter (so we dont need to spend on a aftermarket system). All the bolts could be lighter or Titainium. Have you seen the size of the bolts holding the front frame...you could'nt buy them bigger if you tried! The chain adjusters are metal (even on the 300RR!). Why has the repsol & 300RR got lighter wheels, surley the standard bike can have those to? The wiring loom can loose weight. The air box sticks out, everyone I speak to has the same problem with wearing a hole in it! It is the same now as it was 15 years ago!

Basically I feel Honda are capable to make big improvments, certainly in the weight, but they dont. Other manufactures put the best they can into their bikes, for example the TRS etc. However for some reason Honda are holding back and not giving us the best they could.