question who can confirm these Beta Techno Upgrades will fit?s that fit?

rinkeldekinkel

Hi Guys,

I know that this seems like a pretty farfetched question for a starter on the board, but modifying is a older hobby than trials riding, I would very much like to upgrade my old Techno, because the bike itself is in very good nick!

-  Because the brakes are complete rubbish, and i would like to have a 4 pot caliper, can anybody confirm the fitment of the (see picture 4pot braketechs?) on the exsisting Paioli fork? and with     the current brakedisk?

- In the future i would like to upgrade to the Titanium expansion header/muffler of the EVO 250, (and Keihin PWK28) to get some more torque out of the system, does anybody know if the boltpitch and angle of port of the cylinders stayed the same?? I know that REV3 and Techno are almost identical in engine, it could be that they have not changed alot afterwards to EVO, Italians stay at a good plan rather than change it like Honda does every year.

Why not buy a newer Beta, well i like tinkering, and improving old bikes :)

CHeers Thanks!

Chris

ajp-braketec-4-pot-caliper-gas-gas-replica-5780-p.jpg

171602019_2_big.jpg

FGQF1651.JPG

The pipe will never fit. You are wasting money on the new 4 pot as they are mostly junk. Get a used AJP set off a Rev model. (I just put a 10 year old set on my 2016 as the braktechs are junk.)

Al  your stock parts can be made to work. They worked when new If you want to change the motor, then lighten the flywheel. 

Thanks for the swift replies, weren’t the braketech’s breaking  from the pentlobe inserts to the threads, when they had castingimperfections?

this should be adressed by now right?

but by the look of all these 4pot brakecalipers they all fit all the trialforks is that right?

@lineaway when turning the flywheel down one would only place the torque higher up the revs, right? Maybe i’ll turn it down little bit on diameter.

Thanks for the input

2 hours ago, rinkeldekinkel said:

@lineaway when turning the flywheel down one would only place the torque higher up the revs, right? Maybe i’ll turn it down little bit on diameter.

Reducing the diameter by,say,200g. Or removing 200g from the depth will have very different results.

4 hours ago, faussy said:

Sorry, but thats just plain false

I have put up with this crap since the bike was new. And I have seen dozens of others with the same issues. I also was a dealer for more than a decade and we never (almost) had these problems from AJP.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/braktec-master-cylinder-problems-why.1090928/

False. :shutup:

10 hours ago, lineaway said:

I have put up with this crap since the bike was new. And I have seen dozens of others with the same issues. I also was a dealer for more than a decade and we never (almost) had these problems from AJP.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/braktec-master-cylinder-problems-why.1090928/

False. :shutup:

I didnt realise you were meaning junk as in their build quality. In regards braking efficiency they are better than the AJP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, faussy said:

I didnt realise you were meaning junk as in their build quality. In regards braking efficiency they are better than the AJP

Yeah, that is why it took me so long to replace mine with Ajp. They do work great if they are working. Mine had always been just a little off. You never knew exactly where the lever was really going to be. And I have spent hours trying to fix them. The AJP looks like crap on my bike in comparison, but my enjoyment last trials was much higher.