How About A Show Of Respect

ringo

Just look at Geoff he has found ways very creative to make a living at what he does.

No doubt No jive, Like having his girlfriend sell his industry credentials in the parking lot for extra cash at the Endurocross race in Las Vegas. Very creative.

Hey Craig,

I'm wondering why you have such a hardon to dis our champ. You made such an incredible ass of yourself at Endurocross when you tried to get other people to join you in slamming him for not winning. What a sight to see your girlfriend drag you away by your collar.

Before you bash someone for not winning an event that you wouldn't even have the balls to attempt walking the track, let alone ride it, you might try growing a set big enough to stand up for yourself and your friends at a party when your beyatch disses everyone and drags you out by the ear.

Geoff's woman works 'with' him to advance his career.

Your woman 'works' you like a puppet.

..Giant Milwaukee beer can slams down on Craig...

"Men should act like men"!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to give Craig some slack, Here's another perspective.

He's in the tough position of building up a team to tip Geoff off the top perch of US Trials. I believe team Smage are the first really serious team to come along for a while who could just do that. It takes a tough mindset to beat the champ and he has to build up the fighting sprit to beat the long time king of USA trials.

There is always a certain amount of mental toughness and edge between two rival teams. Just look at college football or a hockey game sometime as an example. This looks like nothing more than that.

If that simple comment was the worst thing people ever said about me when I was national champ, I'd have been a very happy fellow. Remember if your at the top, people will try to tip you off from there. It goes with the territory. If "Geoff couldn't take the heat, he would get out of the kitchen long ago.

I'd give Geoff some credit, he's got to be tough enough to take it after all those years at the top. Craig also will have to become a very tough guy, along with the rest of his team to win. To me this is simply my football or hockey team is better than yours.

Edited by Mich Lin

So we want trials to be like any other sport?

So we can have soccer moms, hockey dads, and cuss and insult each other in the spirit of sportsmanship?

Geoff needs to make a living and you get money however you can. I appluad him for what he does and the face he puts on trials.

This really brings me to a point that I want to share. Geoff has been our national champ since before I took up trials about 5 years ago.

Even if I dont ride a gasser and don't cheer for gasser riders, I must admit that on the several times that I have talked to him, scored him in sections,good or bad, and spoken to him after a trial, a better fellow and more humble a professional would be hard to find. He is truly a great person and a great rider and has a lot of guts to attain his championship record and deserves a respect that most have not earned.

Character like that should be emulated, I don't care what kind of bike you ride or how good you are!

I would suppose that he would be pretty immune to adverse comments at this point in his life, he just comes to ride, and ride he does!

The only thing I can say about the PRO class is that if you are going to contest it, you better be ready, Cody is soo good and has more experience now,

Bruce has found first blood! Pat will have a tough go his first year. :madsanta:

Very true words spoken by copemech, Geoff is a great fellow and an under rated/acheiving rider. It's amazing that he has never scored a single world championship point with all those national titles under his belt.

With a little more Hootspa he could ride with Dougie, Raga, Cabby and Fugi, then give them some riding lessons. He simply lacks confidence against the Europeans and Japanese.

Smage is still a schoolboy and eligible for next years Youth Nationals! Think about that, a youth rider stepping up to challenge the US Pros. Will he win the US title first full season out? Chances are no, but he will build incredible confidence and momentum.

I think Smage has much higher goals than just knocking Geoff down from the top spot of the US national championship. I beleive he wants to be world champ! It will not be Smage that is worried about the Pro class competitors he will face but the other way around.

With a little more Hootspa he could ride with Dougie, Raga, Cabby and Fugi, then give them some riding lessons. He simply lacks confidence against the Europeans and Japanese.

Hey Lane, where can you buy "Hootspa"?

I would like to get hold of some, maybe if I could use enough, I could ride as good as Dougie ! :D

Remember what Bernie did back in the 80's......came and stayed in England for a season, so he could get to all the European rounds and ride every weekend with World class riders. Maybe Geoff or any of the young US guys would benefit from that sort of experience. It doesn't cost mega bucks, it would be easy to find someone to stay with over here and Bernie did the World Rounds in the smallest van Fiat produced !!!!

Martin

That would seem like a great idea. I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to find someone somewhere to host them.

I would think it may be fairly expensive though? Although if they're just splitting costs with someone who's already going to all the world rounds then maybe not.

And imagine having a rider of your own class to practice with every single day - pushing each other along (I'm thinking of the benefit to the UK rider as well, someone like Wigg, Danby).

How would it fit in with things like schooling?

Just think of the other benefits - they could learn to drink properly, play a contact sport without all the pansy protection, get a proper man's accent (unless they stayed down south), see white people play basketball, learn what tax is, get used to arctic weather (in summer), learn to drive a car with gears (and quarter of an engine).

Seriously though, what would it take?

bikespace, agree with all your manly manors needed for success in life but you failed to mention one!

Learn to drive on the right side of the road.

Yes, barging Bernie had hootspa! Remember him sneaking into the Scottish Six days UNDERAGE AND NOT ENTERED, riding a set of sections with Charlie Coutard's bike and cloths? Bernie was not entered and Coutard had retired!

Bernie got a huge write up in the UK press and claimed he would have WON THE DAY! Now that's " HOOTSPA "

I'VE got a can of Hootspa I'm putting on E-Bay if your wanting to bid on it? Starting bid, $10,000 bucks.

Just what you need, Martin! I only had three cans I found at Italjet that Bernie had forgot and left there, the Lampkins, then Raga each bought one can from me, I've got one can left if you want to buy it? Start bidding.