Weight

betajitsie

Just because a bike is not used or successful at World level is not really

relevant to us normal riders.

Not everbody likes the feel of the Scorpa but it is user friendly and well built

and there are alot of riders having good results on them at 'normal' level.

:hat:

Two years ago the Scorpa was my secret weapon, I won a number of Centre Clubman trials, I kept saying to people it's the bike, it flatters me. Funnily enough, now Scorpa's are less expensive compared to the oposition, a number of people I was easliy beating, have now bought Scorpa's and I can't beat them any more. Drat! Shouldn't have given so many test rides to my opponents.

Ive got a 200GG and im looking to upgrade to a scorpa, prob 04-05 model as funds limit me.

A rundown of positives AND negatives if you could?

I used to hate them looks wise, but someone told me the engine is strong and reliable and it wont start rattling after a hard ridden event or two.

Also when i rode a 250 Gas Gas in proper mud, i couldnt get the bugger to get moving, compared to my 200GG which i can just pootle along through the mud, the extra power seems to just turn the backwheel in the mud, and i heard that the Scorpas have quite smooth toned down power delivery.

Anyone here confirm or deny?

Thanks

Your right all bikes do have weaknesses, some more than others i think fairs to say. All comes down to the individual at the end of the day. Nitjay, yes the Scorpas do have really smooth power at the bottom end, but when you open them up theres more than enough. Plus points are, the bike is really easy to ride, great up slippy becks etc... the engines are bulletproof, never heard of one playing up yet. Negatives are just little things like waterpump is easy to knock off, soon sorted with a decent guard, the carbs a pig to get out, something you get used to though, have similar problem with my Sherco too, easiest way is just to take airbox out of the way. Oh yes one more thing the chain tensioner's are soft as ****, worth getting a steel one. Hope this helps. :D

Thanks, ill definately look to upgrade to one, as also i wont have the problem of getting on the wrong Sherco or Gasser if i upgrade to Scorpa. (a friend of mine made his 04 Sherco Black so he stopped getting on the other 30 Sherco 04s) It does look quite cool.

Are the clutches on the Sys alright?

Liked my 2002 model, didn't think the motor was that brill (and I'm a Yam fan)my mate has an 04 model which did feel better than mine.

The exhaust note on his did sound more mellow, so I'm guessing mine could have needed a repack (but there sealed!)..the only other downside was they do feel quite long..again all personal pref stuff.

Top QA on the cycle parts, only the Mont's have the edge an the 06 model do look very very nice :hat: