Weight

betajitsie

A very good bike and i'd recommend it to anyone. I had the 03 from new and the only niggles were the back brake locked on, the footrests are very stiff and I personally found the bars a little low. The engine induction noise needed getting used too. To ride the bike was smooth and powerful and jumping off a Beta 270 onto the Scorpa (no ***t) I thought Scorpa had more power!

The honest weight for the SY 250 two stroke is 162 lbs. without gas. The 01 and 02 models weighed about 1.5 lbs. more than that because the hubs and rims were different having more spokes and more anchor points for the sprocket and brakes. Almost every manufacture went from the 36 spoke wheels and hubs to the 32.

Having just bourght a 04 sy I have nothing but praise for it, however she does have a tendency to stall at the lower revs, a problem I didn't suffer with my previous sherco. Evidently retarding the timing back to original Yamaha settings is the way to fix this minor hicup! once i've tried it i'll let you all know how I got on. On the plus side it cost me over $200 (aus) to replace the multitude of bearings to bring the sherco's rear end up to spec and it still has play in it. The scorpas rear end has not one iota of play and with the limited amount of moving parts should be a major saving come the yearly rebuild. (if she needs one at all)

Just bought an 06 sy 250 after 11 years on gas gas 250 and 200.For me as a clubman they are very easy to ride, plenty of grip, bags enough power.The water pump can have a guard around it but there is an aftermarket waterpump cover with a different angle for the pipe which also cures the problem. Also the carb comes off without taking the airbox off, its only a 10 minute job just reroute your throttle cable. Hope this helps in your desision

Just bought an 06 sy 250 after 11 years on gas gas 250 and 200.For me as a clubman they are very easy to ride, plenty of grip, bags enough power.The water pump can have a guard around it but there is an aftermarket waterpump cover with a different angle for the pipe which also cures the problem. Also the carb comes off without taking the airbox off, its only a 10 minute job just reroute your throttle cable. Hope this helps in your desision

This i NEED to know!! info please! :rolleyes::hyper:

Also the carb comes off without taking the airbox off, its only a 10 minute job just reroute your throttle cable. Hope this helps in your desision

This i NEED to know!! info please! :D:blink:

I was up at Birkett's yesterday and he mentioned this as a mod they do. He said they heat up the elbow at the top of the carb and bend it straight and route the throttle cable over the frame. Supposedly the slide comes out really easily and you can slip the carb out. Best bet is to phone them, He is really helpful!

Hi all

Seasons greetings and all that stuff.

The only thing I really found odd with a Scorpa was the frontend set up. To start with it felt floppy (too much caster)and harder to balance than the Sherco/GG's. After getting used to the different feel I love it! It tracks and and front hops (only to the right....still working on hopping left)and I can hold it when the front wants to wash out. Only thing I can recommend to change is that superbly made bashplate........ditch it and buy a flat one!!!!

We did lean my 04 down a tad on the main jet and that gave it "S" loads of lift and between sections it monos through whoops like a gem :D Other than that, is there a sweeter bike to ride???? I think not :blink:

post-867-1136538552.jpg

Sparky,

Some time when you have the tank off would you please take a picture and post it to show how you re-routed the throttle cable.

Thanks

Doug Wilson