Why is it...

al_orange

54 minutes ago, section swept said:

But you see you make the numbers up and the winner is that much further infront of you.....but without you crashing down to earth the winner has only themselves to beat! Without you they would be just finishers.?

Well that sure makes me feel better.... ?But yes, my justification for buying a new bike and entering events is that it helps the industry and keeps the sport going for the younger generation.... Not at all because I still think I'm 21 and can one day be good at this.. no no. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, al_orange said:

Well that sure makes me feel better.... ?But yes, my justification for buying a new bike and entering events is that it helps the industry and keeps the sport going for the younger generation.... Not at all because I still think I'm 21 and can one day be good at this.. no no. 

You are only as good as you can get....the fact someone else wins is not an indication of their ability, just that this time they were more lucky than you....next time!