limp :(

on it

25 minutes ago, jimmyl said:

Not sure why you would want to - what the thinking behind the question?

A, zero faults but drops in to limp mode ,B so do i really want a competition bike dropping into limp mode while going through a section C dont  want  a limp mode,  NO other bike has the need for 1 

hello on it

if memory serves me correctly simply unplugging the switch will leave the ecu in full power mode. the ecu needs the map/sw pin connected to ground to achieve low power mode so unplugging the switch clears the circuit so it can never be grounded. the switch is open in full power mode and closed for continuity to ground for the low power map. there is a cap/cover available to waterproof the switch connection point that my 2015 4rt 260 came with so u can remove the switch and keep the wiring harness from faulting.   the only reason I know this is I added the switch so I could achieve a low power mode for my wife to ride the bike with less power available. 

happy holidays 

maxwell

1 hour ago, section swept said:

The ECU is telling you there is a fault needing diagnosis, you wouldnt by pass limp mode on your car so why do it on your bike?

you can drive your car with fault light on  ! as for fault on ecu, well if it ant boiling  but goes to limp mode, no thanks dose any other trials bike need or require a limp mode ? ive got eyes to see if its boiling . so thanks for your input !

6 hours ago, copemech said:

perhaps he just wants to unfix something unbroken!

or just maybe i want to find a fault is  A cooling  B fuel pump  C ecu or D maybe I dont not want a competition bike to go into a limp mode  "so thanks for your input !" really helps out

I don’t know for certain but would think the limp mode is in the ecu software which I don’t think you can readily get into to change .

Ive had a fuel pump play up and a ptb fault in the past and not had the limp mode kick in so maybe a temp issue . I wonder if you linked the sensor out and put fan in manual you could maybe fault find further or kid the ecu that all was ok and hence come out of limp mode.

3 minutes ago, jimmyl said:

I don’t know for certain but would think the limp mode is in the ecu software which I don’t think you can readily get into to change .

Ive had a fuel pump play up and a ptb fault in the past and not had the limp mode kick in so maybe a temp issue . I wonder if you linked the sensor out and put fan in manual you could maybe fault find further or kid the ecu that all was ok and hence come out of limp mode.

now you see the problem is it, faults on other parts or is it limp mode kicking in ? going to try green /orange wire from temp sender as it feeds or gets feed from  the ecu tps /pb /ta  can only try  see what happens 

I seem to recall in a previous fault finding post that the  temp sensor is just that and not a thermo switch . 

Ecu maybe looking for a resistance  and not an on/ off signal.

if going into limp would when no obvious fault would imagine its a bad input going into ecu rather than an ecu fault as such .

dodgy sensors / corroded joint / broken wire etc 

hope Santa brings you a simple fix 

• Like 2