Bou Needs To Be Allowed In Indoor Series

northernnorm

If Tony Bou is not allowed to contest full WTC/INDOOR series some problem w/ the rules needs fixing now. How can a board of men make him wait ,a rider w/ skills enough to win or even podium any WTC event is obviously up to par and should be part of the show. I would like someone who knows how the classification system works to eplain it please. What a year 06 should be w/ about 6 different riders realistically likely to score big points w/ overalls and podiums.

I could'nt agree with you more Northern Norm.

The Indoor WTC is supposed to be a showcase of the best riders in the

world, Toni Bou is obviously one of these top men.He finished fifth in

the Outdoor WTC, so why is he not in?? :beer:

It used to be that the top 6 from the outdoor automatically qualified to

ride in the Indoor series, why has this changed?

If they don't let Bou in, then whoever wins the indoor WTC will not be a

true world champion as they have not consistantly competed against all

the best riders in the world.

But I suppose Adam Raga needs all the help he can get. If its not Gas Gas

team orders helping him its the Spanish Trials Mafia (Octagon). :D

The list of wild card riders has already been determined for the indoor series. Its a huge shame that Tony Bou is not riding them all. I'm sure that Beta most have challenged Octagons ruling.

Does anyone know a e-mail address for Octagon, so we can let them know of our opposition to Tony Bou not being allowed to ride the full series.

Looks like Raga's plans for 2006 have been scuppered, knowing that bou wouldn't be riding in the whole series it didnt matter if he won Sheffield, as lew gas said he could have got a three on the last section (waterfall) and won the trial but as Andy said he could be riding the whole series.

I don't want to play devils advocat but I guess the rules are there and its just a shame that this excluded bou as an auto qualifier, next year he will be for sure.

However on the other hand if Raga knew that he would not be competing in every round and rode "defensively" at Sheffield is it fair to now let Bou in?

I think we have been over this area before where Patrick Smage couldn't ride in Duluth nor Alexz Wigg at Hawkstone due to unbendable rules.

My worry is that if sheffield wasn't full this year what will it be like in 2007 and 2008 if we have an all Spanish entry?

Be careful what you wish for...........

The big difference in Bou's case, compared to that of Alexz Wigg or Patrick Smage is Bou has the potential to win the Championship. Surely the inclusion of Bou would be to the great benefit of the series and the paying public. This in my opinion warrants a bit of rule bending.

Raga was not riding defensively, as part of some master championship tactics, he was riding to win.

The big difference in Bou's case, compared to that of Alexz Wigg or Patrick Smage is Bou has the potential to win the Championship. Surely the inclusion of Bou would be to the great benefit of the series and the paying public. This in my opinion warrants a bit of rule bending.

Raga was not riding defensively, as part of some master championship tactics, he was riding to win.

So lets say Jeroni, adam, Dani, Bou, Cabby et al (spanish) have the potential to win should they all qualify above Doug?

FROM DABSTER I think we have been over this area before where Patrick Smage couldn't ride in Duluth nor Alexz Wigg at Hawkstone due to unbendable rules.

Alexz could not ride at hawkstone due to an age limit!! Which could definately not be bent. Toni Bou not riding is just ludicrus.

After all, a World Championship is supposed to be the best riders in the world compeating against each other. Toni Bou has definately proven himself as 1 of the best riders in the world.

:D

I feel sure GasGas will have something to say if Toni is allowed to ride many more NOT scheduled events.

Raga "could" have been riding in the knowledge (thought) that Bou's WITC score would not worry him.

Just my point:

If I had a chance of winning a world title and the organisation controlling the series wanted to change the eligibilty after the series had commenced

I WOULD COMPLAIN !!!!!

Just hope my marbles world crown is not scuppered by old man

Dr Jai Roster (guess who)

as he retired a few years ago, but may just make a comeback!