Swm Riders

jbswm

Still quite a few being used over here in the UK, very popular over in France too. Could even have seen Heath out on an SWM, but now we will have to surgically remove him from the new Beta before that happens :(

t-shock 250, check out the new rear mudguards on my web page, if you fancy replacing the fibreglass special.

Martin

PS. jbswm..........living in Maryland by any chance ? ;)

sorry,computer skills suck ,i ride a whole lot better. i ride on the east coast of the usa. we have a series called mavt.cool wedsite at mavt.org.,lots of twinshock pics. wondering how the riding compares to what you ride overthere? johnnyb

Martin, nice photo in last weeks T&MX I think it was you. What is your website again?

If you come across a nice 280 let me know! I never ever had an SWM even although a good friend of my family imported them (Jock Wilson)

Yep that was me in TMX Big John....dodging around the "baked potato" sized rock. :(

I have a couple of nice 280's available at the moment, pics on the website, send me a pm if you want some more info.

Cheers

Martin

wondering how the riding compares to what you ride overthere? johnnyb

Thought it was you Johnny!

The twinshock scene over here caters for a very wide range of abilities. There are club events that are aimed at Twinshock and Pre65 bikes only, these are very well supported and usually easy for anyone to ride. Most modern clubs will run a class for twinshocks, where they run over the clubman route. We also have a full British Championship, that tends to be for expert level riders over sections that would take marks from good riders on modern bikes. The main difference though between UK and US, is that I can ride my SWM in an event, every weekend of the year, and the maximum I would have to travel would be around 40 miles from where I live. The closest venue I can see from my house!

Martin

I know the one you mean. Nothing wrong with that though as they were around when twinshocks were current. Just managed to source one for my bike but no idea if it is any good yet. Probably not knowing my luck.

Back on the topic, be nice to see some of these SWMs in the Classic series this year. Only one that makes the odd appearance is Chris Dark on his blue framed 280.

Wonder if the Jumbo that was on ebay a few weeks back was ever sold. It never made reserve and wasn't relisted. Looked in very nice condition too. Ideal bike for the Phil King round of the Classic with those BIG muddy climbs - if it's wet...